Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squeezebox, EAC, and FLAC

Ahhh....OK...I misunderstood what you were looking for.

Yes....all of those devices will do what you ask, but are much more expensive than the Squeezbox, and I don't think have the same ease of use.
    -curtis

Yep. Do i spend 1k plus to have this done or just use the old PC, maybe add a large slave drive and do the same for a LOT less? The component has the sexiness, but money speaks. where is my lottery ticket????

Yeah...I have been eyeing that Sonos setup....I saw it in action and it is slick. Maybe I will sell you my Squeezebox 2? Actually...I am half serious!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by boludaso
    Yep. Do i spend 1k plus to have this done or just use the old PC, maybe add a large slave drive and do the same for a LOT less? The component has the sexiness, but money speaks. where is my lottery ticket????
    or 150 on a modded xbox and do way more

Quote Originally Posted by PLincoln
    or 150 on a modded xbox and do way more
    Is that all they cost?

One thing though, I have decided that I do not want to HAVE to use my TV as display/interface.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    Is that all they cost?

One thing though, I have decided that I do not want to HAVE to use my TV as display/interface.
    you can probably pick up a used 1st gen modded xbox for around 150ish without any games or hdd upgrades. maybe a little less maybe a little more...let's say less than 200 for sure.

the dedicated tv part would be a deal breaker for you then. I know there is an LCD display mod that could be done but that's increasing the complexity of the project...so now it becomes $ vs your time.

I love my modded xbox and wouldn't trade it for anything. Being able to network it and play nearly any media is far more important to me than having to turn the tv on for it.

I can appreciate someone else not wanting to do the same

I have to see one in action.

I'm sure my kids would love it if I got one and hooked it up to the HDTV......but for them, I am waiting for the Nintendo Wii.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    I have to see one in action.

I'm sure my kids would love it if I got one and hooked it up to the HDTV......but for them, I am waiting for the Nintendo Wii.
    excellent choice, my friend! i'm a big nintendo fan and can't wait for the wii (i'm also waiting for them to bring the black ds lite over from europe...)

that said, some of the stuff microsoft is showing off for the xbox 360 is looking kinda cool. i'm not really into the whole media center computer idea (i like my gaming consoles straight up, thank you), but for those who are, it has some nice features. that would be a little more than $150, though...
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Default Interesting news about Slim Devices

-curtis