Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Music servers

Default Re: Music servers

Hi
    I also love squeez box I think it is one of the best music software around.

Hi,

My new streaming setup I am trying really has surprised me. I was looking into buying a new streamer or USB DAC. Instead I decided to hold off and reconfigure my current system. I have the Ascend towers running off this setup. It has really improved my music on my PC, no more fatigue!

1) JRiver 20 Windows, playing wav files as sourced -->
    2) OPPO BDP 93 acting as DLNA streaming music over wired Ethernet from JRiver Media server -->
    3) OPPO sending out RCA outputs using Blue Jean cable interconnects to Anthem MRX 300 -->
    4) Anthem MRX 300 running ARC -->
    5) Anthem pre-outs to Parasound 2125

Posting this because I was reading up a lot on different forums to improve my setup, most saying don't use analog into my Anthem MRX, cannot be good since ARC sends to Digital then back to analog, to many conversions. Also all the buzz about only way to go for analog with OPPO is the higher end BDP 95 or 105. Just wanted to share my experience, in getting to listen to my first moment were I felt like a veil was really lifted off my speakers, and did not have to buy any new gear!

Quote Originally Posted by AR2ax man View Post
    Posting this because I was reading up a lot on different forums to improve my setup, most saying don't use analog into my Anthem MRX, cannot be good since ARC sends to Digital then back to analog, to many conversions.
    Have you tried a digital connection between your Oppo and Anthem? A HDMI (as opposed to coax/optical) will give hi-res multichannel ability.
    -curtis

Hi Curtis,

Yes I did try all that, was not happy with the results, which lead me to try the analog connections. My Theory, is that I am thinking by have the streamed music going through the Oppo DAC, somehow reduced the jitter and smoothed things out as compared to using Digital which just past everything Digital to the Anthem. Any thoughts? All I know now, is that my Ascend towers now really put my previous B&W towers in the dust. Which before I tried this, was not as much of a difference to me.