Thread: Received my 340SE's today.

Default Received my 340SE's today.

Thank you Dave and James... and anyone else at Ascend who slammed these great speakers out to all who have been anxiously awaiting their arrival! Ascend is a great company. The product is first rate and the customer service is personal and excellent.

Had: 340 classics – LCR. 170 classics – surround.
    Have: 340SE’s – LCR. 340 classics – surround.
    (SVS PB10-ISD)

The speakers are flawless, except for that oddly miss-aligned tweeter (That’s a joke… see the AVS Forum Owners Thread)

They sound great. Vocals through the cc are clear and clean and seem just a bit ‘brighter’ than with the classic 340c’s. And that’s a good thing! Great soundtracks (5th Element, Underworld, Open Range, Incredibles etc.) are now much more rich and full. SACD’s are more present and ‘even’.

The SE’s are wonder speakers… worth the wait (Ha! My new plasma is taking longer to get to me and it was already manufactured!) and without any doubt worth the cost.

I can’t wait for this weekend when I’ll really put these things through their paces with just about every torture CD and DVD I own! As well as my favorite ‘listening’ CD’s and SACD’s. This house is going to be musical heaven this weekend and I thank all at Ascend (especially Mr. F) for that.

I also want to thank (again) all on this forum who were very helpful and guided me towards my ‘first’ set of Ascends and have inspired me to get these. You’re a good group... although being a part of this forum has been very costly. After the Ascends come new DVD players, receivers, cables... etc., etc, all to achieve the lofty goal of great audio. Here in this humble home the audio may not be great but it is very, very good!

Cheers

shane
    Yes Eve, I like to watch.

My setup:
    http://www.fototime.com/5EF1F78FC789849/orig.jpg
    HT: 340SE's Front & Center - 340 Classic's Surround, SVS PB110-ISD.
    Office (2-ch): 170SE's

Congrats, Shane. I'll admit to being a tad jealous.

David

Well... me too. I'm at work and my new speakers are at home... They're all lonely with no one to play them (except the wife, but she won't even turn the system on). shane
    Yes Eve, I like to watch.

My setup:
    http://www.fototime.com/5EF1F78FC789849/orig.jpg
    HT: 340SE's Front & Center - 340 Classic's Surround, SVS PB110-ISD.
    Office (2-ch): 170SE's

Hi Shane,

Wow.. thank you for the wonderful comments... trust me, they are greatly appreciated. I am actually going to print out what you wrote and let everyone at the office read it.. We have really been working hard to get caught up and the guys have done an impressive job to say the least (no one works harder than me though )....

Truth is, I should be thanking YOU (and everyone else) for being so patient with us...

Thanks so much.... and enjoy!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com