Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Remedying weak bass of 340SE

The sound folks actually have their own award ceromonies for different aspects.....such as dialouge, sound effects, foley.......the list goes on.
    -curtis

Well... hey... maybe in the theaters KingKong rocked! I don't know as I didn't see it there. It certainly was not mixed especially well for home theater. WarOWorlds was, because in the theater it did not have nearly the impact that it had in my house. Then again... I saw it in a real cheezy theater...

shane
    Yes Eve, I like to watch.

My setup:
    http://www.fototime.com/5EF1F78FC789849/orig.jpg
    HT: 340SE's Front & Center - 340 Classic's Surround, SVS PB110-ISD.
    Office (2-ch): 170SE's

Quote Originally Posted by shane55
    dbart is right on both counts.
    KK was disappointing... especially after the serious LEF's on LOTR!

WOTW was so intense that anything that was 'motion sensitive' was lighting up! My receivers' remote control kept going on. Could be the most bass-intensive movie I've ever played... especially the beginning, when things were rising up from the ground. Yeowzer!

shane
    What kind of sub do you use shane?
    Todd Walker
    http://www.toddwalker.net
    CMT-340 center
    CBM-170s for front and surrounds
    Klipsch KSW-10 sub
    Integra DTR-5.3 receiver
    Mitsubishi WS-65813 65" rear projection HDTV
    My HT Here

Quote Originally Posted by twalker294
    What kind of sub do you use shane?
    I have an SVS PB10-ISD.

shane
    Yes Eve, I like to watch.

My setup:
    http://www.fototime.com/5EF1F78FC789849/orig.jpg
    HT: 340SE's Front & Center - 340 Classic's Surround, SVS PB110-ISD.
    Office (2-ch): 170SE's

i'm a little late to this thread, but i'd like to throw some comments out there.

first off, me and my girlfriend really liked the new king kong, and can't quite understand why it got so many negative responses, most of which were because of its length. i personnally love long movies (watched all three LOTR extended versions back to back twice now, and will become an annual event i think). but to each his own.

as for the "weak bass" of the 340SE, i really find that hard to believe. i watched aeon flux two nights ago with ONLY a pair of 170SE's, no sub, no surround, nothing, and there was plenty of bass for my taste. maybe i'm a wuss when it comes to bass, but i thought it sounded fantastic, and even commented to my girl how happy i was with the sound.

i can only imagine that once i get the 340SE's across the front (plan on getting the center in the next couple weeks, which i desperately need for watching movies at this point) and move the 170SE's to surround duty, it will only sound better with even more bass. depending on that, i may choose to pass on the sub for longer than initially planned.

to summarize, if the 170's can produce the amount of bass they do, i don't see why people complain about the 340's lacking bass. oh well...
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5