Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The new Rack with the stands!

Clean looking system Curtis! I see the Pioneer universal player has a place of honor. Did you get any interesting DVD-As or SACDs for presents? Sorry for that **** remark, it was all in fun![]

Muuuch better. You don't have to be embarrassed to show your face anymore. ;-)

Thanks guys!

Ben...the **** remark was funny. I was actually going to say it was my new subwoofer if someone asked and didn't get an answer.

-curtis

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Ben_Wood

Did you get any interesting DVD-As or SACDs for presents?[]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Nope...but I plan on doing some online shopping soon!

-curtis

Curtis,

Is the Pioneer the 563 (or whatever it's called) that I've read so much about lately?

It looks like you've got a nice, clean-looking setup now. I'm glad I could help out on the speaker stands. I still think the top for your sub would be sooo much cooler if we built it with a cherry stringer running through the middle! []

Brian Bunge
    Rutledge Audio Design

Yeah...it is the 563a. People have the realize the bass management on it is pretty bad....100hz crossver point for DVD-A and 120hz for SACD. I use the capability of my HK 525 to do bass management on the analog 5.1 inputs, most receivers do not have this feature. The downside is it has to digitize the signal to do the bass management. I lose some quality with that, but it still sounds very good. For now it is fine and just gives me somethingelse to upgrade....

The livingroom really is shaping up nicely. But ofcourse it is a little messy right now with kids' stuff from Christmas

I am still thinking of a top for the VTF-3....maple with a stringer from you, that butcher block place you told me about, and maybe just glass. Actually thinking about putting a glass piece on top of the rack/stand to protect it as well. We will see.

-curtis

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by curtis

I am still thinking of a top for the VTF-3....maple with a stringer from you, that butcher block place you told me about, and maybe just glass. Actually thinking about putting a glass piece on top of the rack/stand to protect it as well. We will see.

-curtis
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

So you can put materials on top of a subwoofer to "dress it up"? Is that what I'm understanding here? If so, any general guidelines for doing something like this? Can you put some coverage materials on the sides as well, without negatively impacting sound?

And what does this mean: " maple with a stringer "

sorry, I'm full of questions today, aren't I?? []

I missed this one post.

Greg, "dressing up" the VTF-3 is not a problem at all, as long as the ports of or the driver are not covered.

Maple with stringer - two pieces of maple, glued together side by side with a difference piece of wood down the middle for decoration. It used to be a big thing on surfboards......laying a "stringer" down the middle of the board for decoration and some rigidity.

-curtis

good to know! Be sure to share some pictures if and when you do something interesting with them.