Thread: Which center

Default Which center

Hi all, will be puting together a backyard theater soon. I will be using klipsch kho7 outdoor speakers for the fronts and rears, and a hsu sub. I will be bringing in the sub when not in use, but i need a center, was thinking of ascend. Would this center work well with my setup? I will bring in the center when not in use also. Thanks for the help!

In general it is better for the L/R and the center to match by being from the same manufacturer and preferably the same model line. I haven't heard any Klipsch outdoor speakers but if they follow the sound of other Klipsch speakers the Ascend probably wouldn't match very well sonically. I did notice that the klipsch kho7 had a efficiency of 92 which is much lower than most Klipsch speakers so the Ascends might do better.

If it were me I would try a Klipsch Synergy III C3 center channel and see how it matched up. Depending on how big a space you are trying to cover the extra efficency of the Klipsch may serve you better than the Ascend.

Now let's see if I flamed for recommending something other than Ascend on the Ascend forum.
    Darren
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

You didn't ask about this but I'll pipe up anyways.

You might think about a DIY sub if you're into that type of thing. A sub will have to be a monster to do well outside and if you build it yourself a "monster" is attainable for an attainable price if you are in the price range of a HSU.

You'll have to excuse me. I just finished building my first DIY sub and I'm like a proud Papa right now.
    Darren
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1