Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AV123 sale

It IS just a sale to clear out remaining stock before the end of the year (a commong business practice for many reasons). They sell plenty at their regular prices.

My take is more in line with yours, Quinn - at least the perforamce over looks part. Perhaps to their dismay, they keep getting compaired to Axiom/Ascend and the consenses seem that they perform similarily, if not worse on high end sound. When you price compare, its hard to stomach the extra 400 dollars or so for onix rockets.

Re: their stock levels - who truly knows that? Perhaps actual employees. Oh sure they can say they are overstocked, but who believes everything they hear? And there's nothing magical about the end of the year for a speaker maker. It not like they're a car dealer or anything like that.

But, at 50% isn't that going to hurt future full priced sales?

Maybe they are clearing out these models for them to get the "sig" treatment like the 750's.

Its possible they had a wide profit margin to begin with, and they are just narrowing that to be more competitive. I guess they "could" have a new line of onix rockets coming out too, and then no one would want the old ones - so sell them while you can. But who knows.

Aznon- I remember a "concerned" response to Curtis on one of the boards from MLS when Curtis pointed out that if you switched out subs from an Ascend 170 package and an ELT package the cost of each was virtually the same. IIRC the ELTs dropped from $999 to $899 not too longer there after.

I feel sorry for those that bought some onix speakers recently. That was no small price cut. I wonder what they are doing for customers who brought recently, especially within 30 days.

I'm sure they'd have to adjust anyone in the 30 day period or they would just send them back and re-order. Which gets me back to the 50% sales is on the 150s, 250s, and 100CC only so they must not be selling up to expectations.

Well it puts the squeeze on other speaker makers in that price range too. They are definitely an attractive option at that price range. I'd probably still go Ascends, preferring superior mid-highs to wood finishing, but i can see how others might opt for the latter.

I just posted this in a thread over on HTF....
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=173711

-----------------------------------
    I'm in agreement with Chris.

I have heard both(I own neither) the ELT's and the RS150. IMO, when either is matched with good sub(not the ELT sub), of the two, the ELT is a much better sounding speaker/system, for music and HT.

I would not be surprised if the 150, 250, and 100 were to be replaced by "sig" models much like the RS750 has been, or even all new models.
    -------------------------------------

This could be just a "holiday" sale....if it is, why not put everything on sale?

-curtis