Thread: Jimmy Buffett

Default Jimmy Buffett

I had not been to a Jimmy Buffett concert in more than 10 years....now I know why.

Got a call yesterday morning from a friend saying they had an extra ticket and wanted to know if I wanted to go. Sure....I had nothing planned.

It was at the Verizon Amphitheater in Irvine, California....formerly known as Irvine Meadows. About 45 minutes from where I live.

So, the concert starts at 7:30pm.....gates to the parking lot open at 3pm for partying. We arrive at 7pm.....the rest of our group was there at 5pm.

We get there...the lot is PACKED! I was amazed. So many drunk people stumbling over themselves. I just didn't remember it being that way the last time I attended a Jimmy Buffett concert...at the same place!

Anyways, I had fun...but it also started to rain halfway through the concert...yes, it is an outdoor venue.

I probably won't jump as quickly to go again though.
    -curtis

Label me a stumbler....we used to arrive at 11am (with Gas Grills, Couches,etc.) and make a day of it. We'd BBQ and just people watch all day.

True, it can be bit tough to take if you're just trying to see the show, but for most "ParrotHeads" the entire affair is The Event. Generally you find a laid back group of really friendly people who want to act a little goofy one day a year.

Sadly, the venue in our area changed the rules, only letting ticketholders into the parking lot a few hours before showtime. Tickets are routinely $300+ now....