Thread: HTM 200 stands?

Default HTM 200 stands?

Hey guys..i'm not sure if i'm going to mount or put on stands yet..but send me some recommendations as to which are working well for you?

1) stands? which ones and where?

2) wall mounts? Which ones and where?

I'm using the B-Tech BT-33 (wall) and BT-34 (ceiling) mounts for my new 200's. Since I've only had them up about a week, I can't comment on their lifespan. However, I can say that they work perfectly fine and allow a fair amount of "aiming" of the speakers. Having said that, given that the 200's don't have ports, you may find direct wall mounting a bit more satisfying. In my case, I had to have the ability to point the speakers as my layout is somewhat less than ideal.

Prior to buying them, I bounced the ideal off David, and he indicated he'd tried them and that they worked well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by uofmrocky
    Hey guys..i'm not sure if i'm going to mount or put on stands yet..but send me some recommendations as to which are working well for you?

1) stands? which ones and where
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=240-762

I really like the adjustability. It allows me to dial in eactly what I'm looking for. I use blue tack to hold the 200's in place and it works well for me but I don't have children. If kids are around, I'd get something more substantial (like cement blocks).

David

If kids are around, I'd get something more substantial (like cement blocks).
    For the kids or for the speakers?

I looked into these when I was considering stand-mounting HTM-200s. They match the finish of the speaker well and are handsome and inexpensive. I believe SVS actually sells them direct for their line of speakers.

Edit: I see they now have a (presumably vinyl) "black ash" finish. When I looked into them last year they had a simple matte painted finish, IIRC.
    Last edited by GaryB; 04-11-2006 at 05:56 PM.

Using Omnimount 20s. I'd prefer a more flush mount. You might get away with the next size down Omnimount, but you better check the weight limit first.