Thread: 340 Phase Plugs

Default 340 Phase Plugs

Today I moved my 340s to another room, with better lighting, and noticed that one of my phase plugs is a different color. Three of the four Audax drivers have black plugs, while one of the drivers has a gray phase plug. Can anyone shed some light (bad pun) on this?

Hi Jparr,

This is indeed puzzling...

Quick question, are these 340 SE or 340 classics?

Would it be possible to post or send me a picture of one of the black phase plugs and the discolored one?

Thanks in advance.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

They are 340 Classics, purchased nearly a year ago. June/July 2005 I believe. Pics can be found at http://www.bgcfreedom.com/~jparr/ascend/

Hmmm...is this like a golden ticket? Does he get a tour of the factory now?

Hi Jparr,

Sorry for the delay in responding, I have been travelling.

Thanks for the pictures, this is a first for me... I have never seen one of our woofers with that color phase plug before. I am wondering if the finish faded somehow?

Regardless, it will have absolutely no affect on performance but we would be happy to send a replacement woofer if you like. Please contact me privately at davef@ascendacousics.com

Thanks in advance!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    Thanks for the pictures, this is a first for me... I have never seen one of our woofers with that color phase plug before. I am wondering if the finish faded somehow?
    Hard to say. The lighting where the speakers usually live isn't so great, I did not notice the odd color until I moved them to another room. No cleaning products have been used on them, aside from a dry cloth.

Regardless, it will have absolutely no affect on performance but we would be happy to send a replacement woofer if you like. Please contact me privately at davef@ascendacousics.com
    Right, there is no noticeable impact on the sound. I can swap L/R with no difference. There is no reason to change the driver.

wow. that is service. another reason i'll be buying ascend when the tax return comes home.

No kidding, with service like that and amazing products at amazing prices its hard for me to imagine buying anything else when I get my money together.