Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Whats up with the huge delay in updating to SE pics?

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman
    I think the photographer is currently employed in the shipping dept.
    Ha.. not too far from the truth...

Actually, pictures of the 340 SE's have already been taken. I think we are going to start work on them over the holiday weekend. It was our highest priority to direct all of our efforts to catch up on our backorders.

I'm curious why the 340 has sharp edges...I'm assuming in that configuration there wasn't a difference, or maybe it was a decision for aesthetics because the 340 was originally a center designed to go ontop or below a TV. Hmmm.
    With the 340, I wasn't aiming for an as flat a response as the 170. I wanted a very narrow baffle (for center channel use) and there simply wasn't space for large rounded edges like the 170. I could have made the front baffle wider, with larger diameter rounded edges -or- make the baffle narrower (actually, as narrow as the woofers would allow). I chose the narrower baffle.

As far as the side eges, this was a decision made based on using a different build and finishing technique to keep the price in line with what I wanted the 340 to retail for. Also, because the baffles are much larger, rounding all the edges would have really presented a challenge. I thought the different look would be cool as it enhances the slim design....
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Talking

Well Dave your idea of a slim design sure worked for my benifit. I was going to order the 170's but when my wife saw the pic's on the web site she didn't like the looks at all, and I kept telling her it wasn't the looks that matter but the sound. She told me to name one other thing in my life that wasn't based on looks...then I showed her the 340SE's and she said those look more like it buy those. Am I lucky or what!
    Buy the way we love them, not just the looks but the sound is incredible.
    Last edited by debo; 05-24-2006 at 02:17 PM.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by debo
    Well Dave your idea of a slim design sure worked for my benifit. I was going to order the 170's but when my wife saw the pic's on the web site she didn't like the looks at all, and I kept telling her it wasn't the looks that matter but the sound. She told me to name one other thing in my life that wasn't based on looks...then I showed her the 340SE's and she said those look more like it buy those. I'm I lucky or what!
    Buy the way we love them, not just the looks but the sound is incredible.

My wife too liked the taller slimmer form of the 340s over the smaller 170s.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    My wife too liked the taller slimmer form of the 340s over the smaller 170s.
    My wife three.

David

Quote Originally Posted by davef

With the 340, I wasn't aiming for an as flat a response as the 170. I wanted a very narrow baffle (for center channel use) and there simply wasn't space for large rounded edges like the 170. I could have made the front baffle wider, with larger diameter rounded edges -or- make the baffle narrower (actually, as narrow as the woofers would allow). I chose the narrower baffle.

As far as the side eges, this was a decision made based on using a different build and finishing technique to keep the price in line with what I wanted the 340 to retail for. Also, because the baffles are much larger, rounding all the edges would have really presented a challenge. I thought the different look would be cool as it enhances the slim design....
    Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks for the insight into the design dave, I really like knowing such details.
    Jon O.