Thread: New 170SE's

Default New 170SE's

Can't believe how good these sound. Been looking for a small speaker that can fill a room with quality sound and have found it. Anyone reading this that has any reservations about buying a speaker over the net without hearing them, Ascend has done it! More to follow.

Welcome Biscayne! Going on 2 years of ownership here and I am STILL thoroughly impressed with my Ascends. Please do post more.

Randy

Default 170SE update

Been listening now for a week and can't believe how good these things are! I was, (and to a small extent still am) a JBL fan, due somewhat to my playing in a band and using them for PA and studio use, and was kind of leary in trying to replace my L-50's. But WOW! I'm back listening to music almost to a fault. One thing on the downside is that these speakers definately show any faults with a poor recording, and like I said, being a musician I can appreciate that. I'm looking forward to a 200SE upgrade so I can finish out my HT. GREAT JOB DAVE!

I've had my 170s almost a month now and am still being impressed with them. I gave up Paradigm Studios for these...and am glad I did. I was listening to a Pink Floyd disc the other day and heard things that I don't remember hearing before!! I can't wait for my 340s to get here!!