Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ascend Logo Contest!

Oh, so she bought you the speakers?

forget everything I said and just buy the diamond ring for her NOW!

Ben - I knew my spelling of "De Boers" didn't look right..

gotta go. packing up to leave the country.

Anyday now, right?? *waiting on pins & needles*

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Cliff_L

Anyday now, right?? *waiting on pins & needles*
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Ditto... Waiting ever so patiently

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gregisme

Just inform your GF that the diamond industry is the biggest marketing scam of all time, and that in reality, diamonds should be no more expensive than a box of rocks as they are, in fact, very abundant stones (we're talkin' huge warehouses full of stored diamonds, folks). The evil DeBoers cartel controls the industry so tightly, resulting in an incredibly inflated pricing environment. (They didn't achieve that power by being ethical or benign).

Right now, there are a couple companies that are just beginning to research & manufacture diamonds that are indistinguishable (even by precise microscopic testing methods) from "real" diamonds. Give it a few more years, and perhaps we will finally see some reasonable prices (promising your then wife a diamond ring 3 times the size you could afford to buy her now!).

It's a win-win, you get your equipment now, with a promise of a much greater gift for her later!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Just to bolster your argument, check out this Wired Magazine article: http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.09/diamond.html

Isn't Today *The* Day? []

Well, I don't think DaveF ever set an 'official' date for announcing the results but he DID say at the end of the month! Hopefully one of our submittals was even seriously considered - I suppose there's the chance that they won't use any of 'em. Still waiting not so patiently....

I've been holding off buying my set of speakers, just for the slight possiblity of the outcome of this. I tried very hard to recreate a design that was both professional and elegant, and I think I achieved that. I had so much fun just working on this, meanwhile thinking, if I win where exactly I will place my prize!

Since we were given until the end of the month and it's now April 1st I thought I might post what my submission looks like. I'd like to know what Dave and Curtis' thoughts are before I do..... I don't wish to alter some *space/time continuium* or whatnot [8D]

Winners announcement by the end of the day today.... I promise..

We have 2 finalists and 1 winner. The two finalists will each receive $100 credit towards any purchase of $200 or more..

Stay tuned...

Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Any chance all the submissions could be viewed? I'd love to see everybody elses work. I'll gladly host the webspace if need be.

So who won? Can we see the winning logo?

Azanon