Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ascend Logo Contest!

I'm still wondering if the contest was lengthened because Ascend didn't approve of any of the entries. Still, this contest has been a fun challenge.

Or, if the new website is not ready to fly yet?

The end of March is drawing near......

I made my submission, I'm just wondering if we have a winner or not [], any word yet?

Let's just hope that the chosen logo is worth the wait. My beloved Cincinnati Bengals released a new logo design this week, and the fans (including myself) already hate it. At this point I don't care so much whether or not one of my designs win, just that everyone likes the new design. Although I have held off on completing my system with the center channel...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Paul Disney IV

....Although I have held off on completing my system with the center channel...
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

WHY?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Sigma B

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Paul Disney IV

....Although I have held off on completing my system with the center channel...

WHY?

Because I am an age 22 college student who works at a coffee house and am attempting to save for an engagement ring. That being said if I don't win it I'll order one very soon after a winner is announced.

i didn't understand you were meaning that.... you didn't make it clear....

or you could do what I do.... help your g/f to understand they home theater equipment is more important than diamonds []

Just inform your GF that the diamond industry is the biggest marketing scam of all time, and that in reality, diamonds should be no more expensive than a box of rocks as they are, in fact, very abundant stones (we're talkin' huge warehouses full of stored diamonds, folks). The evil DeBoers cartel controls the industry so tightly, resulting in an incredibly inflated pricing environment. (They didn't achieve that power by being ethical or benign).

Right now, there are a couple companies that are just beginning to research & manufacture diamonds that are indistinguishable (even by precise microscopic testing methods) from "real" diamonds. Give it a few more years, and perhaps we will finally see some reasonable prices (promising your then wife a diamond ring 3 times the size you could afford to buy her now!).

It's a win-win, you get your equipment now, with a promise of a much greater gift for her later!

Gregisme, I hope that De Beers has no idea of where you live! []

The irony is, she's the one that bought me the other four speakers (2 170's and 2 200's). She was getting ready to get me the center when the contest was announced and I told her she might want to hold off. Yes, that was a mistake but I knew that if she bought me a 340, and then I won another, then I would be forced to then purchase another so that I would have 3 340's in the front. I would feel really bad if she had bought me all of these speakers and then I left her. After all, with three 340's who needs a wife?? (strong words for someone who hasn't even heard a 340 yet)