Thread: cbm-170

it has always been my understanding that the surrounds needed to be above ear level - dolby suggests 2 - 3 feet. Dave might suggest something different.

I'm personally going to buy ceiling mounts from omni and mount mine that way, just because my room is kinda screwy...

That's above ear level while seated! I have my surrounds on home made oak stands, suspended off the front of the uprights via the round head of a wood screw out of the top cross-member into a keyslot bracket I attached to the back of the speakers. The top of the speakers are approx.
    5 1/2ft. from the floor. It's basically like attaching them to the wall with a keyslot bracket, with the stands as the walls! My wife did not want anything directly on the walls.

MAG

for the rear's do you place them behind your sofa? or on the side of you end table? next to the sofa/seating area? I my room where I have everthing it's a very large room with alot of space 20x20 or so

I have them directly to the sides of the main listening position at either side of the loveseat, pointing at each other across the room. since the loveseat is off-center to the right, I compensated by using the Radio Shack SPL(analog)meter to balance the sound.

MAG