Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ascend Logo Contest!

For some fun, whoever wants to design a logo, send them to me, I will put them on my website, and make sure Dave gets a look at them. Doubt he is looking to change though.

-curtis

I have to agree. It brings me back to the San Fernando Valley of the mid 70's, and looks like a sticker I would've gotten (at Val Surf) to put on my skateboard...

I agree completely. Time for a contest for forum members only. Send me your logos. If I like one and decide to use if for Ascend, the lucky winner wins their choice of a pair of CBM-170s or a CMT-340 center. The logo should be simple but to the point. Design your logos so they would look good on a speaker grille.

Legal stuff: All submitted logos become the full property of Ascend Acoustics, Inc.

Good Luck and send your graphic files to me, davef@ascendacoustics.com

Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Guess I was wrong!

Hmmmmm....who do I know that is a graphic artist....

-curtis

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by X52

<font face="Impact"></font id="Impact">I was just wandering the opinios of those out there concerning the Ascend grafic. I really dislike it. It reminds me of a 80's rock band like "Slayer" or a name of a rockin' guitar company[}].

JH<font size="6"></font id="size6"><font color="red"></font id="red">
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Lol! I know what you mean, it could stand to be improved.

I would like to see the contest modified so that existing owners are excluded from participating, as they already have their speakers.

(well.. that and maybe because it would narrow down the field of competition!)

[]

Yeah the logo on the speakers is pretty flimsy, its just a cheap sticker. It doesnt really bother me though. I think that a logo made out of metal would look really nice on ascends.

Sounds like fun - time to dust off the graphics apps and pull out the pen and paper. I've never cared much for the current logo either. What's the deadline? Will there be a grill trade-in program for existing owners?

I'm thinking of a grill logo in the Spinal Tap tradition. You have to ask yourself how much more black can it be? The answer is none, none more black. Simple. Elegant. Cheap.

DaveF, I'll take the CMT-340C. You have my delivery address on file.

It certainly has never bothered me that my three year old has peeled "that" logo sticker off all the speakers.

I'm glad Ascend is seriously considering changing their logo. Whatever the winning design turns out to be, I think it should definitely be made with metal or a hard metalic plastic.

JH