Thread: Ascend for my bedroom!!!

Default Ascend for my bedroom!!!

Well, I guess having Ascend in my living room wasnt enough!!! I upgraded my bedroom to a full 5.1 set up yesterday. I'm upgrading from my old 20" TV/DVD/VCR combo and 2 channel NAD integrated amp/cd player with NHT SB2 speakers to............. a new NAD L73 DVD/Reciever connected to 5 Ascend Acoustics HTM-200's and a HSU STF-1 Subwoofer. To top it all off I replaced the tube TV wth a new Sony Bravia 32" LCD display. Should be an awesome setup, definately the best I've ever had in a bedroom. Anyone have this speaker set up in thier bedroom? Also, do any of you have the L73?
    Living Room: L/R CBM-170's; CMT-340C; HTM-200 rears; SVS PB-10isd; Yamaha RX-V757; Sony VLP-HS20 w/an 84" screen

Bedroom: L/C/R/LR/RR HTM-200's; HSU STF-1; NAD L73; Sony Bravia 32" LCD

Stereo:L/R NHT SB2's; HSU STF-1, NAD C320BEE Integrated Amp, NAD C521BEE CD player, NAD C422 Stereo Tuner

That will be a killer settup. That NAD all-in-one looks like a great solution in a high quality space-saving design. Great for a bedroom system.

Randy

I've got it hooked up to my NHT SB2's right now, I had the realization that my bedrooms Reciever is better than my living rooms(Yamaha RX-V757). I think I might upgrade, again. I'm thinking Rotel this time, maybe the RSDX-02, another DVD/Reciever. BTW, my LCD and speakers are supposed to show up wednesday, I love getting new electronics!!!
    Living Room: L/R CBM-170's; CMT-340C; HTM-200 rears; SVS PB-10isd; Yamaha RX-V757; Sony VLP-HS20 w/an 84" screen

Stereo:L/R NHT SB2's; HSU STF-1, NAD C320BEE Integrated Amp, NAD C521BEE CD player, NAD C422 Stereo Tuner

Ok, I got everything yesterday, and spent last night hooking everything up. Wow, its not even calibrated and I'm a very happy camper. Man, I havent even come close to pushing the STF-1 and I can already tell that this little sub has some long legs to it. I'm still waiting on my Avia DVD so that I can get this thing calibrated properly. I've set up probably about 6 different HT's now by myself, and I've never once been 100% happy with the outcome, hopefully Avia will give me the peace of mind that everything is as close to perfect as can be. I'll post a good review once I get everything calibrated. I was supposed to do a review on my living room set up too, but I never did. I'm not 100% happy with it either, I'll use Avia on it and see it that helps, but overall, I think my new Yamaha receiver needs to hit the bricks in favor of a NAD unit. Anyways, heres a pic(I never really noticed how bare my bedroom walls are until this photo, I need to get something up there ASAP!!!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wink

Looks like you got a great system!!! Love the picture.
    Was wondering if you ever thought about wall mounting the Bravia?
    Curious for doing same if I ever get one.

Thank You !!
    Kenneth Johnston
    Sierra 1 R/L
    CMT-340 SE Center!
    CBM-170 SE Surrounds
    HTM-200 Rears
    HSU VTF-3 MK2 Sub
    Arcam AVR300 Receiver
    Arcam DV79 CD, DVD, DVD-A Player
    Oppo BDP-83 Blu-ray Player
    Sony Bravia KLV-V40A10 40" HD LCD