Thread: 170SE's are the cherry on the cake!

Default 170SE's are the cherry on the cake!

My 170SE's arrived today. I now have full Ascend setup. 340SE L/C/R, 170SE LR/RR powered by 3 Behringer power amps for a total of 3000 watts including the DIY subwoofer. I am still waiting for my Outlaw 7.1 pre/pro to arrive (using my Denon in the interim).
    I mounted the 170's tonight, got them aligned, adjusted the levels with RS SPL meter and then listened. I previously had some KEF 2 way sealed bookshelf speakers for rear surround. I put on some cuts from the eagles hell freezes over and the sound just came together. The surround experience was so smooth between the 5 speakers. My wife and I could really hear the difference in the high end with the matched timbre tweeters! She thought I was crazy to buy more speakers and match them, but when she sat in the sweet spot, she was glad I had bought the matching 170's. I thought the 340's were an amazing speaker when I first got them and still do, but the 170's are a marvel. Truly a well engineered component. DaveF, who says you gotta go to china. These little guys are just extremely smooth! I hate to gush, but I think they are marvelous. Now I have to save up and get another pair for back surrounds with an amp for them. Thanks Dave for a great product.

Chuck

You all have me dying to hear from Dave to upgrade my classics to SEs. Congrats.