Thread: New toy!

Default New toy!

Don't know if we have any other surfers on the forum, but I thought I would share my new surfboard here.

I did a lot of surfing during junior high and high school.....some summers during college, and then sporadically after that.....and hardly any in the last 10 years or so. I also needed another activity, as we have gotten older and with families, my beach volleyball group plays a lot less, and playing tennis has been spotty.....plus, surfing is easier on the joints.

Last year, I did some surfing during the summer. I am out of shape, but it was fun being in the water. So I decided this summer I would get a new longboard that was easier to paddle and ride than my old shortboard. Also, I have always bought used boards, this time I went for a new one.....9' longboard. Here are a couple of pics of it before it gets messy with wax.

-curtis

I tried surfing briefly back in the early 70's. The boards weighed about as much as I did but it was fun once I got to stay upright for more than a few seconds. What's the new board weigh? I'll bet it ain't much. Congrats. New toys that move are sometimes more fun that new toys that sound good.

David

Thanks David.

Since this is a longboard, it not light. If I had to guess, maybe around 15lbs.. I have a shorter board from the early 90's, it is probably not much more than 10lbs.

Now I am curious......I got to find out a way to weigh this thing.
    -curtis

smokey is offline Forum Founder
    Volunteer Administrator

So do you have Dick Dale and The Beach Boys cued up to play over your Ascends?

You know....I think I have only one Beach Boys disc somewhere. I like the Dick Dale stuff that I have heard....I wonder how good the recordings are....that guitar work would sound great on the speakers!
    -curtis