Thread: 340SE availability

Default 340SE availability

Anyone know if the 340 SE's are still backordered? I'm not ready to order yet...just want to make sure the SE's are back in stock and ready to go before I put my 340 classics up for sale.

Thought I read that supply will not be available until late March. Best to give Ascend a call and find out.
    -curtis

According to this post on AVS it might be April now:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post7286608

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for your patience!

Unfortunately, 340 SE parts are not due here until the week of April 24. All issues causing our delays have been resolved (thankfully) so this time period is firm.

We are in the process of trying to arrange a small air-shipment of goods which will be here in about 2 weeks. Those who are very high on our backorder list will have their orders fulfilled from this small shipment. This is a small shipment as the cost of air-shipping has become most prohibitive.

We have tripled our order quantities and increased our production capacity and I can say with confidence that this supply problem won't happen again... (sales of our SE models really caught us and a few of our vendors unprepared )

Again, thanks so much for being so patient and understanding with us...

For questions regarding your specific order, please email me directly..

Enjoy the weekend!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

That's fine with me Dave - good things are worth waiting for...and in the meantime I'm pretty darn happy with my classics. I'm glad sales are going so well...and thanks for checking in with the official word!

Quote Originally Posted by chas
    and in the meantime I'm pretty darn happy with my classics.
    Same here. I e-mailed Ascend last week and postponed the SE's until Fall. Supply and demand should find a happy medium in the Spring so back orders won't be an issue when I'm ready. It'll also give me additional time to decide what to do with the Classics. I hate to give them up.

David

Ignore those screams I just let out... I'll be okay...

I swear I'm like a junkie for good sound and I need my 340 Center to arrive so I can put the 200's up in the rear to match my nice 170SE's. Btw any time I turn on the 170's paired with my PB10 sub I can't stop grinning.

Maybe I'll just have to talk to Tony Soprano about intercepting that small shipment!

--Joey