Thread: Check this kid's guitar skills out!

Default Check this kid's guitar skills out!

Holy MOFO!

Check out this kid's geetar skills! It's not a fake either, as he has all the correct hand positions (from what I can follow) and the subtle movements of his head and guitar show that it is not a slow-mo that was sped up. Incredible sweeps, scales, and tapping.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1...=guitar%20solo

The kid is hot! Not only technically proficient but also played with passion with little bits of distortion here and there for good effect.

small world. a coworker sent me some funny volkswagen videos on that site just the other day. i browsed around a little more and saw that video. that's really awesome! i have a friend who could jam like that @ around 15 years old. he's a virtuoso and went on to study classical guitar at berkley.

here's something from a totally different style (classical) that blows me away.

http://remiboucher.freeservers.com/B...her_guitar.WMV

it's such a fun instrument because there are so many different styles and techniques. the key is to have fun and find your place. if you have not seen the movie Crossroads, then you should go rent it. highly underrated film IMHO.

All I can say is "WOW!"

It seems as though we have fair amount of guitar owners/players/fans among Ascend owners.
    -curtis

great stuff. watching a lot of these guys like vai, malmsteen, satriani, etc. etc. is a lot like watching some sort of laser light show at disney.

there's an artist i think some of you should check out even if you don't play guitar. leo kottke is an excellent choice if you enjoy fingerstyle. i really enjoy his album 6&12 string guitar. $9.97 for the CD! i believe there's an SACD version as well.

Great links guys!

I'm still playing Green Day and Pearl Jam, so this stuff is way beyond my current skill level...

Lately I've been spending my time trying to sing while playing. Definetly more difficult than I originally thought it to be. I've almost got Pearl Jam's "Black" down (Aaron Lewis' version but with the correct lyrics). I found that you just have to feel the emotion of the song and let it flow. The BB King "Play, Sing, Play, Sing" method (mindset) just doesn't seem organic enough with the flow to me.

Some of these guys are simply incredible. The ones that really do it for me are those who can improv with soul. Alot of these guys who "improv" seem like they just play scales they've practiced a zillion times with some random bridge chords between them. Listening to Muddy Waters or Hendrix doing improv though just blows my mind.

hey nicholas there's a song pearl jam did with neal young that i find really easy to sing-a-long w/ while playing. rockin' in the free world.

if you want to see what i think was the last great guitar concert then you should check out the crossroads festival. a treat for sure.

I vote for 'Vineyard' by Jackopierce if you want a great song to learn to play and sing on.