Typical In-Room Frequency Response 74Hz - 20kHz +/- 3dB
    In-Room Sensitivity 89dB @ 1 watt / 1 meter
    Frequency Response (Anechoic) 80Hz - 20kHz +/- 3dB
    Sensitivity (Anechoic) 87dB @ 1 watt/ 1 meter
    Average Impedance 8 ohms
    Minimum Recommended Power 25 watts
    Maximum Continuous Power* 200 watts
    Maximum Short Term Peak Power* 400 watts

Or has this been updated? I just ordered 5, can't wait to try them on my new Onkyo 805!

Tom

I am looking forward to Dave F's new numbers on the 200SE when he posts them, Dave?
    L/R - Sierra Towers
    Center - Sierra Horizon Tower
    Surrounds - 200SE
    SW - Dual PSA XV15's
    TV - Panasonic TC-P65VT60
    A/V Receiver - Denon AVR-4311CI
    Blu-ray/DVD - Sony BDP-S5100
    DVR STB - Motorola Arris X1

Default 200SE's vs Aperion?

I had sent Dave an email asking how the 200SE's compared to the Aperion 632's - the other line I was considering (I did buy the 200's). His response:

"The 632 is about 4 times the size of the HTM-200 SE... this would not be a fair comparison, apples to oranges. The 632 is considerably larger than even our Sierra-1..."

I agree the 632 is larger, but I was mainly asking with the 200's used with a sub, X-over at 80 hz., how do they compare above that? I was also comparing in price range, 632's being only slightly higher. I was hoping he'd reply that it's like comparing Gold and Silver (Gold being the 200SE's). I should be receiving the 200's in a day or two, I'll probably be very happy as everyone else here seems to be... hopefully Dave will give the $60 sale price to speakers bought this week, that'll pay for the $58 freight (which I've always felt should be included when trying an on-line speaker).

I compared the 632 to the "classic" CMT-340 a ways back.

At the time, the 632 had more bass, mostly do to some emphasis in the 50hz area. The mids and highs were cleaner and more detailed on the 340 IMO.

Why would you want to compare the 200 and 632? Size wise, the I think the 170SE is a tad smaller than the 632. Cost wise, the CMT-340SE is less expensive than the 632. The $299 price listed for the 632 is per speaker...not per pair.

It is one of those things you can ask for opnions on, but should really be experienced to understand.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by tcat View Post
    I agree the 632 is larger, but I was mainly asking with the 200's used with a sub, X-over at 80 hz., how do they compare above that? I was also comparing in price range, 632's being only slightly higher.
    Actually, the 632s are more than double the price of our 200 SE. I think you might have mistaken Aperion's pricing. $299 is per speaker, not per pair. Still, I am not comfortable commenting on the performance of competing products other than stating the obvious, the 632 will definitely have deeper bass than our HTM-200 SE. I will say this, retail loudspeakers that use SEAS tweeters typically start at about $800/pr. Here is a loudspeaker that uses an incredible fully custom built SEAS tweeter (to our specs) that sells for less than $300/pr --- never been done before Our profit margin on the 200 SE is, shall I say, ridiculously low --- to the point that with the current special + package price discounting, I am not yet sure if we will actually see any profit on these.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

No profit... that's great marketing! If these sound like I think they will, and are raved about "everywhere", hopefully you'll raise the price in January to a profitable "norm" and sell a million of them!

Didn't mean to put you on the spot on the Aperions, and yes, I thought $299 a pair, my bad. Sure is difficult selecting speakers on line with every owner of each brand raving about "their baby". I figured manufacturers (like you) would have tested many brands just to compare... just looking for knowledgeable opinions. You'll get mine soon! (yet I am NO audiophile, and not too knowledgeable). Had a hard time selecting Ascend "first" because of shipping, but I believe I made the right choice. Thanks for the input!

For those that are interested I posted a photo of my recently delivered HTM-200SEs in the "Ascend SE Owners Thread" over at AVS forums. Files are too large to post them here and I don't have them hosted so go here to see a grill on/grill off photo of the HTM-200SE.

Quote Originally Posted by tcat View Post
    I figured manufacturers (like you) would have tested many brands just to compare... just looking for knowledgeable opinions....Thanks for the input!
    Hi Tcat,

Yes, of course I have listened / compared / measured many (hundreds?) of different loudspeakers in my experience. However, as I mentioned, I do not feel that it is professional of me to comment on the performance of competing products. Would it help if I say the HTM-200 SE is better than any other speaker I have ever heard at this size / price-point?

Take care!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gov View Post
    I am looking forward to Dave F's new numbers on the 200SE when he posts them, Dave?
    Updated specifications and measurements now posted on the site. We will continue to update the site daily... We are swamped right now so I apologize for all the delays...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Looks good Dave! Thanx! Lovin my 200SE's!!!!!!!!
    L/R - Sierra Towers
    Center - Sierra Horizon Tower
    Surrounds - 200SE
    SW - Dual PSA XV15's
    TV - Panasonic TC-P65VT60
    A/V Receiver - Denon AVR-4311CI
    Blu-ray/DVD - Sony BDP-S5100
    DVR STB - Motorola Arris X1

Specs look great! Got my 200 SE's yesterday, not much testing yet, I'm warming up top them. At first I thought they sounded no better than the Paradigm Cinema 90's I have (which they are replacing). Watched some TV, parts of a movie (Twister), and some music. Then I rewired the Paradigms, listened to the same stuff and thought there was very little difference; then rewired the 200SE's and began noticing a lot more mid/highs in music, and a lot more depth to sound effects (especially tornados!). The 200's for surrounds are FAR better than the Paradigm 70's I had for surround.

I was hoping for a much better improvement in TV watching sound (dialog in particular). The 200SE center really doesn't do much better than the Paradigm 110C. When I "A-B" from TV speakers to AVR 200SE's, on most channels the TV speakers sound better than either the Paradigm or 200's (50PX600U speakers are very good); I do believe the 200 center sounds a bit better than the 110C. What sounds best is TV speakers and 5.1 at the same time (as long as there is no sync problem, which is another story). I was hoping for the "deep/mellow" sound of the TV speakers (or my car speakers for that matter), and it's just not there.

I'll do a lot more listening and playing with my new Onkyo 805 settings before deciding if I need a better center. Do the 200's sound better broken in? What's the best way to break them in (that won't drive the wife mad)?

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Updated specifications and measurements now posted on the site. We will continue to update the site daily... We are swamped right now so I apologize for all the delays...