Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: We really need a 200SE

As we plan for the formal release of the 200 SE, I thought I would post a few pictures of the new high performance 4" woofer. The heart of our products has always been the drivers, and the new 200 SE is no exception.

These new 4" woofers use much of the same advancements found in the incredible 5 1/4" woofer used in the Sierra-1. These include high compliance combined with low inductance, increased excursion and a low resonance frequency. The results are greatly improved dynamics and deeper bass extension, without sacrificing efficiency while keeping cabinet volume the same.

The cast aluminum frame is deeper to allow for greater excursion, the magnet assembly is considerably larger to create a stronger magnetic field which provides better damping of the cone and more accurate transient reproduction.

The now "classic" HTM-200 used a custom built audiophile grade 4" woofer -- the new HTM-200 SE woofer is a tremendous upgrade and I seriously doubt you will find a higher performing 4" woofer anywhere. For a 4” woofer, it is simply THAT good

Attached are pics of the new woofer and the new woofer compared to the HTM-200 classic woofer.

Enjoy!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Wow, very nice Dave. I bet those would make for a nice set of computer speakers.

Just today I sent off my 2 pair of HTM-200's to Ascend to be upgraded to these 200 SE's. They are the surrounds (rear and sides) that go with Sierra's as L/C/R. I really like lively surrounds for HT; I set mine up to ~ 80 dB with the L/C/R at 75. With football games, e.g., you get a truly emersive feeling of being in the stadium. So I'm looking forward to having the 200 SE's to go with the Sierra's up front!

I'm sorry if I've missed it somehow. How much would it be to upgrade HTM-200 to the HTM-200 SE? Deciding between upgrading, buy a new pair, or simply continue to enjoy my HTM-200 classics...

Hi Guys,

Production quantities of HTM-200 SE parts have finally arrived

Our site will be *slowly* updated with HTM-200 SE info, including new pictures and measurements. HTM-200 classics are now officially discontinued and anyone order these on the site will be sent HTM-200 SE.

Regarding upgrades:

The cost for upgrading HTM-200 classics to HTM-200 SE will be $70 per speaker ($140/pr) + return shipping costs. This includes new SE tweeters, woofers, crossovers -- complete testing and recertification. Warranty period will be reset as well, 5 years parts and labor from the date of the upgrade.

I have thoroughly tested the HTM-200 SE using an 80Hz crossover and I must say they work VERY well. These speakers are extremely versatile and the size/performance/cost ratio is simply unmatched.

Prices for the HTM-200 SE will remain the same as the classics at least through Jan 1, 2008.

Send us an email if you would like to take advantage of the upgrade.

Once again, these are now shipping (finally )

Enjoy!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

When crossed-over at 80Hz, how do they compare to the 170's and 340's with the same high pass?

Quote Originally Posted by BTT917 View Post
    When crossed-over at 80Hz, how do they compare to the 170's and 340's with the same high pass?
    They lack some of the midbass of the 170 and 340, but mids and highs are nearly identical.... I really enjoy listening to these
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Those woofers are very high-end looking compared to the ones on my "Classics". I feel bad about hiding my 340SEs behind the grills, and I would feel the same way with these.

$70 is a great value for the upgrade. I'm just using mine for surround duty, so it's probably not worth it for me.

I'm still debating if I want to get mine upgraded. They aren't in use at the moment, but I just picked up a Trends amp, so I might bring them back into the office. It would be neat to do it, but I'm not sure if it's worthwhile for the minimal use they get at the office.

Default Specs?

Be nice to see what changed here in moving to SE:

Old specs:???
    Typical In-Room Frequency Response 74Hz - 20kHz +/- 3dB
    In-Room Sensitivity 89dB @ 1 watt / 1 meter
    Frequency Response (Anechoic) 80Hz - 20kHz +/- 3dB
    Sensitivity (Anechoic) 87dB @ 1 watt/ 1 meter
    Average Impedance 8 ohms
    Minimum Recommended Power 25 watts
    Maximum Continuous Power* 200 watts
    Maximum Short Term Peak Power* 400 watts

Or has this been updated? I just ordered 5, can't wait to try them on my new Onkyo 805!

Tom