Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: We really need a 200SE

Ahh, this is great, fun news

I actually have a friend who may be a perfect candidate for this. Hmmm....

Good timing!
    Jon O.

Oh, man. Just finally ordered my Sierra 1 center to match my mains and now I am going to have to start saving again. I had totally ruled out ever going 7.1 in my current room, but if I had such a small speaker that could be wall mounted or placed on some wall mounted shelves, it might actually work. I am going to have to do some serious thinking. Great news Dave!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hi Curtis,

You need to hear these little guys. Production is VERY slow right now as we are building all the crossovers by hand until the first container arrives (~Novemberish) I will try and have a demo pair built up for you to take home for a few days (or anyone else who is local to us).

Dr. Hsu would love these
    Guess I'm confused a bit. I thought you said it was available for shipping if I were to order one, say, ............next Monday. ;-)
    Sierra-1 - Mains+Center
    Surrounds - HTM200SEs (x4 in back, and x2 Atmos)
    Sub - SVS PB-2000
    Receiver - Onkyo TX-RZ1100
    Oppo Darbee Edition Blue Ray
    Sony 4K blu ray player

Any trade-in deals on existing HTM-200's?

Quote Originally Posted by azanon View Post
    Guess I'm confused a bit. I thought you said it was available for shipping if I were to order one, say, ............next Monday. ;-)
    Sorry for any confusion. They are available and shipping. I think we have shipped around 20 pairs already. Production is slow, we have to build the crossovers by hand and there are quite a few components. If you order a pair (simply order a pair of HTM-200, all we will be shipping now are HTM-200 SE) it will simply take us a bit longer to ship than usual. 3-5 days is my guess.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by BradJudy View Post
    Any trade-in deals on existing HTM-200's?
    Hi Brad,

We won't be taking trade-ins -- HTM-200 "classics" can be upgraded... A pair will require 2 new SE tweeters, 4 new woofers, 2 crossovers. I haven't determined pricing on this but I will keep it reasonable. We prefer to do the upgrades here so that the new speaker can be properly tested and recertified. Having us perform the upgrade will re-establish the 5-year warranty from that point, since these would be 100% new parts and we have verified performance.

... Trying the "no-hype" method for the subtle release of this speaker, but these really do sound great. In my opinion, HTM-200 to HTM-200 SE is a larger performance improvement than the CBM-170 to CBM-170 SE, mainly due to switching woofer vendors and changing many woofer characteristics.

It was quite a coincidence that this thread was recently reopened. I started working on these new woofers a few days after the first post of this thread
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    If you order a pair (simply order a pair of HTM-200, all we will be shipping now are HTM-200 SE) it will simply take us a bit longer to ship than usual. 3-5 days is my guess.
    Is the same true for the center variant? I'd need a center one.

Let me know when you find out the new weight. The poor LCD can maybe take a 25% or so increase in weight, but if its doubled or something like that, that probably wont work.
    Sierra-1 - Mains+Center
    Sub - SVS PB-2000
    Sony 4K blu ray player

azanon, have you thought about distributing the weight of the speaker across the top of the speaker by using a board?
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    azanon, have you thought about distributing the weight of the speaker across the top of the speaker by using a board?
    I haven't, but I guess I'd have to do a bit of math to compare the extra weight of the board to the increased surface area of the TV supporting the extra weight because of the board. But I'm sure just overall total weight pressing down on the TV matters to, so adding a board ups the weight. I'd also have to be able to balance the board too and it might lower WAF!

Sadly, the TV i paid $2099 for about 1.5 years ago goes for $850 on ebay now, so my monetary risk is dropping very fast!

I hope this works because i'm 70/30 HT/music, so a center channel upgrade is huge for me. I also have some SACDs/DVD-A's. I tried the phantom center in the past and IMO, it just doesn't come close to having any kind of decent CC. I still have 340SE's L/R, but I'm sure I'll move up to Sierra-1's someday.
    Last edited by azanon; 10-12-2007 at 08:21 PM.
    Sierra-1 - Mains+Center
    Sub - SVS PB-2000
    Sony 4K blu ray player

Another question: Is the 200SE ported?
    Sierra-1 - Mains+Center
    Sub - SVS PB-2000
    Sony 4K blu ray player