Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: We really need a 200SE

So Brad...your custom veneered cabinets are at Ascend right now?
    -curtis

Just seems wrong to make Dave or his staff rip apart my old 200's when I could have just waited for them to be built that way to begin with. Assuming this is even something they're considering (but c'mon, they must be).

Grrr, I'm all ready to buy, though! I've been shopping these for over a year now. This tax refund was burning a hole in my pocket before I even got the check. : (

Ah well, there are worse dillemas in life.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    So Brad...your custom veneered cabinets are at Ascend right now?
    Yep, assuming they haven't already left (they arrived on Thursday, and I expect they'll be finished today or tomorrow). If you call in, perhaps you can stop by and see them, but I'm not sure they are so exciting to be worth a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by BradJudy
    Yep, assuming they haven't already left (they arrived on Thursday, and I expect they'll be finished today or tomorrow). If you call in, perhaps you can stop by and see them, but I'm not sure they are so exciting to be worth a visit.
    I was going to see how they look in my livingroom.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    I was going to see how they look in my livingroom.
    Hehe - you could try and sneak out with them, but it probably wouldn't take me long to figure out where they went.

BTW: I just got off the phone with Dave and the $160 is before return shipping, so $180 to Ascend plus $20 to ship them out gives a grand total of $200 for the upgrade.

Default Ah-yep. Mmmm hmmm.

Soooo...

...how bout those 200 SE's?

Although DaveF said he is listening to this thread.....if he were to decide to put the new tweeter in the HTM-200, knowing that the CBM-170SE has a new crossover to go with the new drivers, and with the amount of work to get things "right", I don't think an HTM-200SE will be a quick turnaround.
    -curtis

I have actually corresponded with Dave F. about this and think the following is a fair summary of what he could tell me:

1. He is considering some kind of upgrade. One of the possibilities he may be considering would be to simply install the new SEAS tweeter and tweak the crossover, as Curtis describes above.

2. With good-quality $199/pr. competitors becoming available, he wants to minimize any associated price increase. Since the HTM-200 is already a rather low-profit item, due to its expensive cast-basket woofers and the necessity to sell it for significantly less than the larger CBM-170 SE, he doesn't have much room to maneuver.

3. An upgrade is likely, though not certain.

4. Don't hold your breath.

4. Don't hold your breath.
    HwaaaaaAAAAAAAH!

PHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Okay, I give up I ordered.

Yeah, I'd think that with the competition getting hotter, there would have to be more R&D...tweeters are already covered, but the price on the woofers would need to come down, I think.