Ironically, I don't use my headphones all that much. Heaphone amps are a cheaper way to deal with the DIY urge and this looked like a fun item for my first tube piece of audio equipment. Now that I have two nice, but very different, pairs of headphones (I guess three if you count my traveling phones) and a pair of different amps (okay, I have a third, but I should just sell it sometime), I don't expect that I'll be doing anything new in the area for a while.

I did pick up a couple of boards to add power-on output delay to my two amps (as they stand, it's best to leave headphones unplugged for a few seconds after power up) and next time I feel the need to get out the soldering iron, I'll assemble them and put one into this amp and one into my PPA.

Anyone interested in headphone DIY stuff should check out this site: http://tangentsoft.net/audio/

It has some good projects with excellent instructions and parts guidance. The CMOY is the first project for lots of folks (including myself) and the PIMETA is also a good beginner project (I built its predecessor, the META42).