Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Begin my SE upgrade!

Hi BGHD,

We would be happy to upgrade your classic 170s to SE's now... Send me an email on Monday to make the arrangements.

Take care!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

My 170 mains have landed at Ascend HQ. I'm looking forward to them coming back as SE's.

Ummmm, not only has Dave contacted me but I already got-em back and they sound incredible! I've been running them at low volumes to moderate volumes, trying to break them in. My Classics were running almost continuously for 4 years. I bet they were on in one way or another approx 80% of the time. So the old classics were really broken in. I really want to give these new baby's a lot of time. I demoed my new SE's to a friend the other day. He is looking to upgrade. For the first time, I really cranked-em up. I played some Maynard Ferguson "Live in Paris".

But what I really need to do is to sit back and relax through some of my best CD's that feature vocalists. And for that, I need "Quiet on the set!" No kids, no dogs, etc....

I just got an e-mail receipt from Ascend, so hopefully that means mine are on their way back.

Edit: Got a tracking number too.
    Last edited by BradJudy; 03-30-2006 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BradJudy
    I just got an e-mail receipt from Ascend, so hopefully that means mine are on their way back.

Edit: Got a tracking number too.
    Well Brad, I don't know what Ascend is sending you because I already have your veneered 170SE's sitting in my living room. You need to know that they are being held for ransom. Don't call the cops. You need to follow my directions exactly or you will NEVER see them again. I will be in contact....

XXX

Normally I sign this with "Randy" but since I'm in the middle of a kidnapping I need to be much more secretive.

Hey now...

Stop teasing Brad about his beautifully veneered 170s (oops, now 170 SEs)... Truth is, my wife saw them at the factory and just HAD to have 'em... You all know she is now in her 2nd trimester so whatever she wants she gets

Sorry Brad... I am sure the standard black matte will look fine
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hmmm...sounds like I'll have to bribe Mrs. F to get my speakers back. Hopefully I'll be able to crank one out this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    Hey now...

Stop teasing Brad about his beautifully veneered 170s (oops, now 170 SEs)... Truth is, my wife saw them at the factory and just HAD to have 'em... You all know she is now in her 2nd trimester so whatever she wants she gets

Sorry Brad... I am sure the standard black matte will look fine
    You've probably done some research on this ... so I have a question. About how much extra would it cost the customers if you offered the 170SEs with a decent looking veneer?

/me does a little UPS delivery notification dance...

Quote Originally Posted by BradJudy
    /me does a little UPS delivery notification dance...
    Does that mean the black matte ones are waiting for you at home?
    -curtis