Thread: 5 HTM-200 @ 80 Hz...

Default 5 HTM-200 @ 80 Hz...

I'm still trying to figure out which Ascend speakers would be best for me. My only concern is home theater. I have some nice Phase Tech PC 9.1's for music purposes.

I'm considering 5 HTM's for now (adding two later for 7, or maybe getting a 340 setup across the front at a later date). My current receiver (yamaha RX-V440) can only cross @ 80 Hz. My room is not very big, 1500-1800 ft^3 I would guess.

I have two concerns:
    1) The HTM's ability to handle center channel duty...
    2) The possibility of a gap between the HTM's and my sub (Outlaw LFM-1).

I'm going to upgrade receivers when I can afford to, but that will be a ways off...

What are your thoughts? I'm very eager to hear from those of you that use the HTM for center channel...
    Thanks guys!

I have the 200s (x5) and am happy with the overall performance. However, I upgraded to them from an HTIB system (WOW!). I now find the center channel lacking compared to the 340c I heard at Bikeman's place. They did merge nicely with my sub (intended design at 80hz xver) and system calibrated with Avia. They're good, but they're no 340c, but aren't intended to be either. I'm going 340s across the front when budget allows.

Do you think the 340c would mesh nicely with the 200's?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory05G35
    Do you think the 340c would mesh nicely with the 200's?
    I don't. I tried the opposite (340M's with a 200C) and it wasn't acceptable. This was due mainly to the fact that I was used to the soundstage of the 340's accross the front. Without that pre-conception.......

David

I would not mix 'n match the fronts to that exteme. I haven't seen any posts here about that particular combo, (plenty of happy customers w/ 340c-170 across the front) so mebbe Dave or someone else who has it can chime in.