Thread: Panny XR-55 owners

Default Panny XR-55 owners

I recently got my panny and my 170SE shipped out today.

What would anyone suggest as far as speakerwire for these? what type of plugs work with the panny?

What set up would you suggest as well? (ie Bi Amp etc)

For now I am going with only the 170s until I finish remodelling in a few months and then I will upgrade across the board.

Thanks in advance.
    Brad

You can not biamp/biwire the 170's....they only have one set of terminals.

As for wire....any 12 or 14 gauge wire from your local hardware store would be fine. You could also check out online places like partsexpress.com.
    -curtis

You cannot biamp as Curtis pointed out but the Panny will automatically go into dual amp mode - both A & B amps drive terminal A speakers.
    Ofcourse, this is only if you are not using the B speaker terminals.

And I use bare wire for connections and it works fine but I think you can either use bananas or spades if you want to.

I'm just using bare wire 16ga right now, seems fine, though when I was setting up my subwoofer I sometimes wished I used banana plugs so that i could unplug the mains and test just the sub easily.

also, when i someday move from 2.1 to 3.1 or 5.1 i think banana plugs would be useful especially on the receiver b/c it's a bit cramped back there and I kept bending the copper when i tried to insert the wire.

I can't think of any other setup I really did with my xr55 except when setting up the sub. i'm just enjoying the music