Thread: Arcam AVR300 with 6.1 340/170/3MK3

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Arcam AVR300 with 6.1 340/170/3MK3

I feel honored to enter the Hallowed Halls of Ascend for my first time. After two months of intensive research and reading of every review and opinion that I can Google, I feel I have found my home with David and Ascend Acoustics. I listened to all the usual global fanfare found in Hi-Fi shops, and I clicked through all the Online Sources. I was first sold on Aperions, then Axioms, then Rockets, and then back to Aperion. Glad I discovered all the Buzz on none other than Ascend Acoustics, from my old home town neighborhood of Gardena, CA. UNREAL!!

Alright, here's the question I wish to present to the Ascend Community.
    I have settled on matching the Arcam AVR300 receiver and the Arcam D79 player with the Ascend 6.1 package #S33-2025. That is 340's across the front, 170's across the rear (wall mounted), and the HSU VTF-3 MK 3.
    Has anyone had the pleasure to hear this promissing combination? I would be very interested and grateful to hear from anyone who can help me out with some insight. From what I have read it would appear these electronics would be able to bring out the most that Ascend has to offer, which to me seems to be the gold standard by which others are measured.

I eagerly await all comers! Thank You!

Warm Regards,
    Ken
    Philippines
    Last edited by Timbre; 02-11-2006 at 02:36 AM.
    Sierra 1 R/L
    CMT-340 SE Center!
    CBM-170 SE Surrounds
    HTM-200 Rears
    HSU VTF-3 MK2 Sub
    Arcam AVR300 Receiver
    Arcam DV79 CD, DVD, DVD-A Player
    Oppo BDP-83 Blu-ray Player
    Sony Bravia KLV-V40A10 40" HD LCD