Thread: 200's powered by a T-Amp

Default 200's powered by a T-Amp

I bit the bullet recently and decided to significantly upgrade my PC sound. I purchased a pair of 200's (didn't have room for the 170's) and Sonic Impact's $29 T-Amp. After about 2 weeks of listening, I can easily say they completely obliterate any other 'PC' speakers on the market. Clean, open, wide, and transparent. I love them. You can actually hear Norah Jones breathe. Amazing.

The downside is that recordings that aren't recorded, mixed, and mastered correctly sound like crap. This setup doesn't hide anything.

Bravo Ascend.

I can't wait to replace my home theater setup!
    200 classics powered by a $29 t-amp.

hey! I have been wondering how I could upgrade my PC sound.....this may just be a good idea.
    -curtis

iFis at Costco for $200 is also a good idea.

I've been running HTM-200s at my office on my computer since the 340 was released - definitely a great computer setup. Mine are running off of one of the Sharp 1-bit systems that were being closed out a couple of years ago. Great stuff.

This is a pretty good use for the 200s I have sitting in a box! I might have to give this a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek
    This is a pretty good use for the 200s I have sitting in a box! I might have to give this a shot.
    Or you could sell them to me for really cheap

Also been hearing really great things about these Swan M200s - only $189 at NewEgg

Default Check into the T-Amp

If you haven't played with a T-Amp yet, do yourself a favor!

Go ahead. Google t-amp, review and see what you get!
    200 classics powered by a $29 t-amp.

Quote Originally Posted by sensibull
    Or you could sell them to me for really cheap

Also been hearing really great things about these Swan M200s - only $189 at NewEgg
    check your pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Asliang
    iFis at Costco for $200 is also a good idea.
    What's dat?

Klipsch iFis. A 2.1 speaker-satellite combo. Uses Klipsch's RSX-3 "mini bookshelf" super sats (3.5" mids and 1" tweeter) and an 8" sub with a cerametalic drive unit (that's based on the legendary Ultra sub) that's very linear (-6db at 27hz, +/-3db to 32hz).

The RSX-3s satellites are $260/pair alone (retail). Add the sub, the iPod dock, and for $200 this thing is a steal for near-field PC performance. (Clearly an attempt by Klipsch to steal back market share from Logitech and Altec Lansing, but hey who cares as long as the customer gains in the process?)