Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 340SE Initial Impressions: The Democratization of High-End Sound Reproduction

Default Re: 340SE Initial Impressions: The Democratization of High-End Sound Reproduction

Adam! I was wonder what happenned to you.

Glad to see things are going OK.
    -curtis

Default Re: 340SE Initial Impressions: The Democratization of High-End Sound Reproduction

Quote Originally Posted by Ad-Rok View Post
    Oh they're quite broken in...if you scroll up again you'll note that post was made in February 2006 :-D.
    Cheers,
    Adam
    Adam,

Sorry I didn't check to see this is a resurrected thread.

I keep going through my collection, listening for the first time on the Ascends. One thing that struck me last night is harmonies. With my old speakers (and just about everything I've ever heard), the voices blend to one sound. With the Ascends, each voice is clearly distinguishable. You can hear every nuance and how the blend together. I guess I notice this since I sing in my church's choir. Part of my job is to fit in with the other basses, as well as blend with the tenors, altos and sopranos.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DougMac View Post
    Part of my job is to fit in with the other basses, as well as blend with the tenors, altos and sopranos.
    That is a good test of speakers/woofers. Separating the deeper voices.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Adam! I was wonder what happenned to you.

Glad to see things are going OK.
    You know what is utterly sad? I moved to Los Angeles and moved back to DC in the time between saying hello to you. What a moron I am, we could have at least had a little sound geek-out session with our respective gear. Oh well, perhaps the call of epic sushi will lure me back to the West Coast soon... :-)

Cheers,
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by DougMac View Post
    Adam,

Sorry I didn't check to see this is a resurrected thread.

I keep going through my collection, listening for the first time on the Ascends. One thing that struck me last night is harmonies. With my old speakers (and just about everything I've ever heard), the voices blend to one sound. With the Ascends, each voice is clearly distinguishable. You can hear every nuance and how the blend together. I guess I notice this since I sing in my church's choir. Part of my job is to fit in with the other basses, as well as blend with the tenors, altos and sopranos.

Doug
    Nice! So glad you are experiencing the truly revealing power of these speakers with all kinds of source material.

I'm an ex-choir guy myself (our organist is still upset with me for quitting, hehe) and I can honestly say I will never sound as good as my Ascends. :-)

Best,
    Adam