Thread: B-Tech Wall & Ceiling Mounts

Question B-Tech Wall & Ceiling Mounts

Searched the forum and couldn't find any specific info. I'm pulling together all the requisite info. on my soon-to-be all Ascend HT. 340SE's across the front and 200's for surround and rear surround.

Anyone have any specific experience w/ the B-Tech BT33 (wall) and BT34 (ceiling) and the 200's. I need to put the surround pair on two side walls, and the rear surrounds on the ceiling.

Experience? Pro's? Cons? Any modifications required to 200's in order for them to work appropriately?

Thanks in advance.

I have more or less the same problem that you do so I was hoping to get some really good info, and let's hope that someone has some.

My comment is not so hopeful. I looked up the BT33 and found that it is rated at eight pounds per speaker. 340SEs weigh three times that amount.

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3994867

Edited comment added: On the JR website, look for the BT77. It looks like the right size. It is designed to handle speakers up to 55 lbs and with 13" depth. The 340SE weigh half that and are 10.5 inches deep. But, it does mean that the back ports will not have a lot of clearance from the wall (about three inches, I think). Someone else will have to comment on what that means.
    Last edited by ChasO; 02-01-2006 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Adding more info

I should've been more clear. My concern is mounting the 200's on the walls/ceiling. My (future) 340SE's will sit on base cabinets, and the 340 center will sit on a shelf above the TV.

Anyone have any experience mounting the B-Tech's mentioned above with the 200's?

TIA.