Thread: Need to hear CBM-170SE's please...

Default Need to hear CBM-170SE's please...

Anyone live near Atlanta, GA or Lilburn, GA? I live near here and would like to hear the CBM-170SE's or classics if anyone can help out. Please let me know here if you are able to let me audition these speakers.

Does anyone have experience with HSU v/s Rocket or v/s SVS?

Quote Originally Posted by audibleconnoisseur
    Does anyone have experience with HSU v/s Rocket or v/s SVS?
    I don't live anywhere near you but I did make a few comments about the diferences between my SVS PB10-ISD and my Hsu VTF-2 Mk 2 here if you want to read:

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?t=1548

Default HSU v/s SVS

So which is the better for music? For HT? I have a 4500cu.ft. room (15x16x18.5) so the have to be good. However, I currently have the Velodyne DPS-10 and it sounds fine to me but then anything more for the same moeny ($450) would be great. I don't want to lose anything though. I hear the cloesd box design are the best in either case... any thoughts? I have been steered towards the Rocket for this reason. Anyone care to comment or argue/debat this point or any of the above?

So which is the better for music? For HT? I have a 4500cu.ft. room (15x16x18.5) so the have to be good. However, I currently have the Velodyne DPS-10 and it sounds fine to me but then anything more for the same moeny ($450) would be great. I don't want to lose anything though. I hear the cloesd box design are the best in either case... any thoughts? I have been steered towards the Rocket for this reason. Anyone care to comment or argue/debat this point or any of the above?
    This has already been argued to death. There are lots and lots of folks who prefer each brand of sub. The best one is the one YOU like. The only way to get the correct answer is to listen to all of them. I know that's not practical so just read all the Forums for a few weeks. What works for you will either be much clearer or completely hopeless at some point. Then you can make your decesion.

David

Default Pensacola, FL

If you're going to be down in NW Florida anytime soon, I'd be more than happy to let you check out my classics. I have 7 CBM-170s (classic) and an STF-2. Email me at grahammccollum@email.com if you're interested. For what it's worth, I love mine!

Graham McCollum

I agree with Bikeman's (David's) comments. But I'll also say both SVS and Hsu make fantastic subs and both are excellent for music and HT. I will say for HT in a bigger room, you'd be better off with any SVS or a bigger Hsu than the one I have, the VTF-2 Mk 2, though I'm sure the HO editions have more output and extension than the Mk 2s so that should help. I love both my PB10 and my VTF-2 Mk 2 for music, but the PB10 wins for HT due to deeper extension and more output (plus it's a bit less expensive, so IMO a slightly better value). If you like BIG deep bass for movies, choose the appropriate SVS (depending on budget, space, your personal preference, etc.) or if you go with Hsu I'd recommend a VTF-3 of some sort (Mk 2 or HO).