Thread: When will we see the first pro reviews of the SE models?

Default When will we see the first pro reviews of the SE models?

Hoping Dave or someone in the know can tell me when we'll see the first SE reviews. I'd love to see pre reviews from the likes of Soundstage, Secrets, Audioholics, Home Theater Magazine, etc. If nothing else, it may make more people aware of the new Ascend SE models.

And can we please get the CMT-340SE's reviewed? It always struck me as odd that the CMT-340 classics never got reviewed except for the center model.

Anywho, I'd love to see Soundstage in particular for further measurements and opinions and I'm sure they'd be willing since they've reviewed the classic models (very favorably) in the past

Jon

Even if a reviewer got an early production pair, I wouldn't expect to see a comprehesive review before late summer. There aren't that many reviewers that Dave F. feels have the technical understanding necessary to do a competent job or at least that's my understanding based on his prior posts on the subject. I think we're going to have to rely on folks like you and me for awhile. Oh, and Dave F. I kinda like his opinion.

David

To be honest - I take what reviewers say with a grain salt - a big grain. You never know the kind of money in advertising $'s are going the way of the reviewers publication from that company. That being said, it's still nice to read a review just to get a person's opinion in relation to the 100's if not 1000's of other speakers that person has listened to.

All that being said - the ultimate reviewer is YOU - if you don't like it, then who cares what other people's opinion of them are, and vice versa. After all - you're the one who's going to be listening to them (or not) for an extended period of time, not the reviewer.

Me, I'm in Canada, and bought my Ascends before the loonies meteorotic climb - could have saved about $100 if I had waited. Do I have any regrets? None whatsoever - after over a year of listening to these truly remarkable speakers for the money - I'm not sick of them nor do I regret paying the bit extra (via the exchange rate). We're currently in the midst of renovating my current home (for sale) and building a new one. I already have a spot in my new home (bonus room) for my current Ascends - and when I'm ready to construct my new H/T room in the new house (still at least a year away from that - landscaping has to come first) I have already decided that the new SE's will be the speakers for that room. Dave's word, and the sound of the Classics, is good enough for me.

Translation for our American friends: a "loonie" is our $1 coin, so-called because the "tails" side has an image of a loon (the bird, not the Monty Python version). Similarly, our more recently introduced $2 coin has been nick-named the "two-nie".

I'm a lumberjack and I don't care...