Thread: Horizontal flush wall mounting HTM-200?

Default Horizontal flush wall mounting HTM-200?

I see there are quite a few options for verticaly flush mouting the 200's but I have not seen any horizontaly. the two screw holes that are there would not lend themselfs to the task that i can see. unless the 200 center has the two screw holes more in the middle of cabinent ( laying down ). Only thing i could think of would be to just have them laying on a small shelf, but i would rather not see anything but the speaker. ideas ?? I suppose I could screw some keyhole mounts on them but I'd rather not be doing that to my new speakers...

I did do a few searches trying to find something so if its been coverd you can just post me a link. that would be cool

Plans are to get 3 CBM-170SE 's for across the front and use the 200's for surround duty. I'd like to have the 170's all the way around but the size and the fact that i can not flush mount them pretty much counts them out. i am dealing with a fairly small room.

thanks for any input , I have learned alot just by reading whats already been said here.

Cheers

Sorry after posting this i realized maybe it should have gone under "setup and how to's" I am new to the posting thing , usually I just read them
    Last edited by Charles D; 01-20-2006 at 12:01 PM. Reason: posted in wrong place ?

I can't be of much help, I'm afraid, except to let you know that the HTM-200 center is identical to the L/R versions regarding screw holes, binding posts, etc. The only differences relate to the locations/orientations of the logo on the grille and the model designation "sticker" on the back of the cabinet.

thanks Gary, I Guess worst case i can mod the speaker box and put 2 threaded mouting holes on the other end ( like the original ones ). If i did a nice job it would look factory. then i would just need to find some brackets that screw on that size mounting holes that would give me a keyhole to hang it on a couple screws. Not like many people are ganna be seeing the back of the speakers anyway. I would want to make sure this didn't void the warranty first.

So if i read your post correctly the sticker on the back of the speaker is in a differant place on the 200 center ? like above the binding posts in the middle or something? if thats true then this might work although it would be a pain.. otherwise the other set would be right through the sticker , doh.. hmm.

I Guess this is one improvement they could make on the little guy. it would save me from having to do it hehe
    Last edited by Charles D; 01-20-2006 at 01:46 PM.

See the last message in this thread:
    http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...tm-200+bracket

That's what I recently did and it worked out fine.

Good luck.

Jeff