Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Well... I'm now an XR-55 owner...

might double check your xr55 ( i just got mine a couple days ago ) and make sure your speakers are set to large if you dont have a sub. and make sure sub is set to NO. when i first hooked up mine it came from factory as all speakers set to small and sub was yes. and it deff didnt sound right since i had no sub hooked up. now I've got it set up right it sounds very nice.

just a thought

Holy crappola, that must be it... I can't wait to get home to check that out!

Many thanks...

I know this subject has been beaten to death on other forums , but the XR-55 really seems to be a revolutionary product. Can't wait to get my 340SEs...

Default Tri-amp!

Woo! I've since found out that the XR55 will actually Tri-amp if using a Bi-Wireable speaker

XR55 Tri-amping

Basically, if you are running in stereo mode the receiver defaults to Bi-Amp if you are using the B Speaker terminals. If you also turn on Bi-Wiring, it will make the Speaker A terminals your high frequency with a dedicated amp, and the Speaker B terminals will Bi-Amp the low frequencies. How cool is that?

Now if Dave will just e-mail me my tracking number so I know my two 340SE's and STF-1 were on the way!
    Last edited by Venri88; 01-25-2006 at 03:10 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Venri88
    Woo! I've since found out that the XR55 will actually Tri-amp if using a Bi-Wireable speaker

XR55 Tri-amping

Basically, if you are running in stereo mode the receiver defaults to Bi-Amp if you are using the B Speaker terminals. If you also turn on Bi-Wiring, it will make the Speaker A terminals your high frequency with a dedicated amp, and the Speaker B terminals will Bi-Amp the low frequencies. How cool is that?

Now if Dave will just e-mail me my tracking number so I know my two 340SE's and STF-1 were on the way!
    I would discuss that capability with DaveF and how it pertains to the Ascends.
    -curtis

Let me tell you...it certainly feels odd to ask the owner of the company about it, but it's sent off.

Assuming I am blown away with these speakers, they'll likely have a customer for life. The friendliness of this company and their community is amazing. My setup won't be much, but I'll be glad to demo in the OKC area once I'm all set up

Quote Originally Posted by Venri88
    Basically, if you are running in stereo mode the receiver defaults to Bi-Amp if you are using the B Speaker terminals. If you also turn on Bi-Wiring, it will make the Speaker A terminals your high frequency with a dedicated amp, and the Speaker B terminals will Bi-Amp the low frequencies.
    Hi Venri88,
    I think it's the other way round. "A" would go to low-mid frequncies and "B" would be used for high freq. Terminal "A" defaults to bi-amp when you run it in stereo mode. Check it out before you try!

Doh! Of course you are right. Apparenly the bi-amping will work for A or B, but when bi-wiring the A's are low and B's are high. Thanks for that!

The Panasonic manual does leave a lot to be desired

Quote Originally Posted by Charles D
    might double check your xr55 ( i just got mine a couple days ago ) and make sure your speakers are set to large if you dont have a sub. and make sure sub is set to NO. when i first hooked up mine it came from factory as all speakers set to small and sub was yes. and it deff didnt sound right since i had no sub hooked up. now I've got it set up right it sounds very nice.

just a thought
    ...that was it! MUCH improved SQ; I knew the 170s were better at bass--- I was beginnig to blame the amp, or "biamp" mode as not really being particularly powerful. There actually is a degree of warmth now.

Really chomping at the bit for the 340SEs now!

Please HELP

I think my xr55 is broke. The A and B channel sound very different, A channel has no bass. I have discnnected my sub, and set all of the other speakers to "none" (including the sub) except for the 340s witch are set to large. when connected to B channel they have deep full sound and on A channel they are thin and empty. I then biwired them using the A and B channels but still no bass (and I did hook up properly). Somebody tell me I am right..........This reciever is defective.

Thanks for the help

PS Panasonic 800 number for me was completely worthless, I spent 10 minutes explaining what I meant by A channel and B channel. After 40 minutes he told me to get it checked it out, but he still did not understand my problem, so him saying check it out means nothing, but I think he accidiently got it right.

tilt

If you used the same speaker wire when you tested A & B, then it would be my guess that you have a defective unit. The only thing that might cause this other than a defective wire is the SFC mode is on in two channel. That can cause some strange sound.

David