Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone w/ Axiom M22 experience here?

You'll be fine without a mid-range driver.

Some swear you want a mid-range driver. Others swear you don't want to double your crossovers by needing two. Others swear no crossovers at all and use only a singe full range driver. Let your ears decide for you.

BTW- I have heard the 170 classic and the M-22 in the same room same equipment and the 170 has a better mid-range, control on highs, and details IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by akebono
    There's a guy over at AVS that says exactly the same thing about Axioms. He has a 'bad' ear too and the speakers make it ache after a while. I didn't give his story to much credence inititally because he's a salesman that sells speakers other than Axioms. But maybe he's not full of crap after all...
    Oh, the NHT dealer? Lols.

He made a ton of posts about how aluminum makes his ears bleed, until his beloved NHT started using aluminum midranges, and now he's raving about them.

He said how Axioms made his ears bleed, but he finally did a real listening test comparing the Axiom M22tis to his new (much more expensive, mind you) NHT Classics and lo and behold, they "aren't as harsh as I remember." And he even admits they have more detail than his NHTs, but still says it makes his ears a little bit sore over an hour of listening.

Of course if you want to condition yourself against brightness, well that depends on the material. I dare anyone to listen to anime (symphonic) soundtracks for a couple hours. After that you'll be so conditioned to brightness you'll never have any complaints on speaker harshness (with regular material you listen to) again