Thread: Ferrari Red anyone??

Default Ferrari Red anyone??

My wife has NOT been exposed to this idea yet. IF I were to order a pair of the 340SE's I would order them and finish them myself with an automotive Ferrari Red finish. What do you think?? My home is a Craftsman era home (think 1926 and absolutely everything light oak, multi pane pocket doors etc). My wife is into era marbeled wall finishes, trim and tapestry. (I'm not). Since 55" RPTV's, Ascend 340's and 170's installed in my living room depart already from the original circa of the home, would I be overboard with Ferrari Red 340 mains?? FWIW, I do have the expertise to do a decent job in the finish work. Ferrari Red 340's ignite something inside me...what do you think??

Randy
    Last edited by Lou-the-dog; 01-08-2006 at 07:05 PM.

I say go for it.......and take lots of pictures. I meant of your house. That way, when the wife kicks you out, you'll have something to remind you of home.
    Just kidding. I don't know how well you'd score in the WAF department, but some Ferrari red 340SE's would look kick-ass.
    - EVH III

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Horton
    I say go for it.......and take lots of pictures. I meant of your house. That way, when the wife kicks you out, you'll have something to remind you of home.
    Eddie, hehe, you may very well be spot on. I wonder how good the acoustics would be of a large cardboard box in my backyard. Does anyone think that Ferrari Red 340SE's would be overkill for a large cardboard box? (Hey, I'm talking at least refrigerator size box) Also what sound degradation would one expect from a cheap 100' extension cord running to the large cardboard box?? (Assuming she would still allow me to plug the extension cord into the garage)

Randy
    Last edited by Lou-the-dog; 01-08-2006 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou-the-dog
    My home is a Craftsman era home (think 1926 and absolutely everything light oak, multi pane pocket doors etc). Randy
    Our home is a craftsman from 1916 and if I did the Ferrari Red 340's I would not be allowed any box or extension cord. I'd be allowed a small pillow to kneel on so I could beg forgiveness.
    One of the benefits of the 340's is how well they blend into almost any decor. Even if they were available in Oak, I'd still get the black.

David

P.S. Use a wireless PC to let us know what brand of refrig box you've choosen. Ferrari Red should look dynamite next to a nicely choosen cardboard.

If you are going to push it that far, at least put the dancing horse on the side.

Chuck

PS I just went shopping for refrigerators and they have some real large side by sides that would make a wonderful "Box Mansion"!