Thread: Reciever questions??

Default Reciever questions??

Question regarding HK AVR 635 vs Outlaw 1070 vs Denon 3805/3806?

Opinions and thoughts of any of these three with ascend speakers and hsu sub

thanks

They're all excellent. Which one has the features that are most important to you?

David

I've been recently considering the exact same choices! If you are considering the Denon 3806, another choice for the same price would be the Outlaw 970/7075 separates combo.

Did you ever choose one of these receivers? I can get the Denon 3806 for the same price (authorized dealer) as the Outlaw 1070. I'm still not sure which would give better sound.

Since I am in the middle of remodeling part of my house, I went for a cheap approach to start for some good music and then will reeval in a few months.

For now I have the Panny XR55 with 170SE.

I will look at the denon vs outlaw vs ??? again and will also plan to 340SE as well some sub/surround (HSU vs SVS vs Outlaw vs ??).

I decided to get the panny since it had such great reviews and was cheap and I will want a second system in my master area once I remodel that down the road.

Brad

Sounds like a good solution for you for now. Thanks for the update!

Does anyone have any experience using the ascends on a panny versus ascends on any of the fore mentioned recievers. My setup is 340s across front and 4 200s for surrounds, SVS sub. I am considering getting rid of my panny if there is a significant upgrade in sound quality using any of these other recievers. Any advice much appreciated.

tilt

Quote Originally Posted by tilt
    I am considering getting rid of my panny if there is a significant upgrade in sound quality using any of these other recievers. Any advice much appreciated.tilt
    Save your money or spend it on room acoustics. The main reason to change receivers is to gain features, not SQ.

David