Thread: Help me setup my HSU VTF-2

Question Help me setup my HSU VTF-2

Please help me setup my HSU VTF-2.

Room and speaker setup will be used for HDTV (primetime/sports) and DVD probably 75% of the time, with music filling up the other 25%.

It will be enclosed in a front stage wall and hard to access for frequent changes.

Room is ~15'w x 22'l x 7'8"h. Drywall with insulation in all walls and ceiling. Fabric over drywall on the walls.

7.1 Speaker Setup
    CBM-170s up front
    HTM-200s side/back
    CMT-340c center
    HSu VTF-2 sub

Receiver/Amp will be an http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/1070.htmlOutlaw Audio 1070.

Should I use the built-in HSU crossover or go with the 1070s crossover for handling the job?

Either way, anyone have a good suggestion for setting the crossover level?

I've been so busy finishing my basement rec-room and home theater I haven't had much time to experiment and play with it. I'd like to get some information beforehand and cut my testing time down.

Thanks guys!
    7.1 Ascend Acoustics Setup
    Two CBM-170s, Four HTM-200s, a CMT-340c, and HSU VTF-2

Set the VTF's crossover switch to the "out" position. This will disable it. Then, use the crossover in the Outlaw receiver to control what goes to the Ascends and what goes to the HSU. Try either 80 or 100Hz and see what works best for you. I've got 340's and 170's, so an 80Hz crossover point works great for me, but those 200's might need to be crossed over at 100Hz. I have some Outlaw amps but am not familiar with their receivers. If it will allow you to set different crossover points for the mains, center, and surrounds, you could use 80Hz on the center and mains and 100Hz on the surrounds.
    - EVH III