Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy New Year, Ya'all

As far as local college teams go, I am not a USC fan either, I pull for UCLA, but in these bowl games I pull for the locals.
    -curtis

Default Lawry's Beef Bowl....mmmm....

dang the prime rib @ the Lawry's annual Beef Bowl looks really good dont it, i'm slobbering just watchin them eat on tv...(been there yet Curtis?)

http://news8austin.com/content/your_...sp?ArID=152830

(watch the video too)

Nope....I have never been to Lawry's, only driven by it a few times.
    -curtis

I should add.....it is raining here!

Those of you watching the Rose Parade can see it.......first time it has rained on the parade in something like 50 years!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by gr1m
    dang the prime rib @ the Lawry's annual Beef Bowl looks really good dont it, i'm slobbering just watchin them eat on tv...(been there yet Curtis?)

http://news8austin.com/content/your_...sp?ArID=152830

(watch the video too)
    Been there a couple times. Pretty decent grub...esp when it's free. Not sure if it's worth a trip all the way from Fontana though. Just make sure to pre-medicate with some Zocor. You can throw a thrombo even before the main course comes out. Per a local news cast, each team ate 700 lbs of meat. Considering about 200 total people/team, that's a lot of full stomachs.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    I should add.....it is raining here!

Those of you watching the Rose Parade can see it.......first time it has rained on the parade in something like 50 years!
    Yup, pretty weird weather. Around my city, full-grown Eucalyptus' trees were knocked-down by the winds. Should clear-up by Wed's game.

Quote Originally Posted by BGHD
    Been there a couple times. Pretty decent grub...esp when it's free. Not sure if it's worth a trip all the way from Fontana though. Just make sure to pre-medicate with some Zocor. You can throw a thrombo even before the main course comes out. Per a local news cast, each team ate 700 lbs of meat. Considering about 200 total people/team, that's a lot of full stomachs.
    BG, hehee haven't been there since we moved out to the IE. went there a good 2-3x when I lived closer (San Gabriel Valley). definitely do not go there on days that are big events, ie. Valentine's, Mother's Day, et al. as you'll wait hours, but you might run into a celeb or 2 (George Foreman)....

btw, man oh man the Jim Brady cut some ~30oz cut + their creamed corn mmmm.....

speakin of food BG, haven you tried Crustacean in BH?

Quote Originally Posted by gr1m
    speakin of food BG, haven you tried Crustacean in BH?
    Honestly, since I had a kid, my eating out has devolved from searching out the top 25 on Zagat's list to Hot Dog on a Stick and anywhere that has "kids eat free" days. Man, this is way "watercooler" talk.