Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the future for Ascend cabinets?

Hi Brad,

Good to hear from you.. How is married life treating you? Great I hope

The bare MDF cabinets have worked out well for us and we will continue to offer these, in limited quantites.

We have recently worked out an arrangement with a local paint shop and they are willing to custom finish the cabinets if requested. The colors available are matallic silver, white, champagne, and a rust color. These are automotive grade finishes with a semi-gloss acryllic clear coat applied. I have a cabinet finished in silver and it is stunning.

Of course, this is not inexpensive. The additional charge for a custom finished pair is $140.00. However, these are beautiful cabinets easily comparable to the best finished cabinets out there. These are truly hand finished works of art.

We are still investigating additional wood grain finish options and have yet to make a firm decision. I will say that wood grain finishes will definitely be available by next Christmas...

Take care!

Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

David,

Thanks for the info. Are you making any bare cabinet CMT-340s? I wouldn't mind getting one to make a matching set across the front. Of course it's getting a little cold here to do veneer work, so that might have to wait until spring.

Will the custom finish info be put on the website with pictures?

Married life is good. Here's my wife and I on the honeymoon above Innsbruck, Austria: http://foxtrot.colorado.edu/judy/www/honeymoon02.jpg

Thanks,

Brad

Sounds very cool, David. Any chance we can see a picture of this silver speaker that you speak of?

Victor

[quote]Originally posted by ez-v

Sounds very cool, David. Any chance we can see a picture of this silver speaker that you speak of?

Victor
    [/quote

yeah, come on man. We wont tell anyone .

Hi all hey curtis tell dave f to post all the pictures on the different finishes that they can get

Brad.. that is an amazing picture! Makes me dizzy looking at it.

I will try to post some pictures of the painted finish options by the end of this week.

Take care!

Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

anxiously awaiting custom paint job pictures.

I'll go out an run some laps or something. []

Incidently, I saw it mentioned that there were pictures from someone here who did there own custom finishing, but I can't seem to find those pictures.. can anyone point me in the right direction? (assuming that they are on this forum somewhere).

Gregisme:

That would be me. Here is a link to the thread with pictures (warning, lots of pictures) - http://www.ascendforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26

David:

Yeah, we dig that picture. I hope all is well with you, it's been a while since we've traded e-mails.

Hey, thanks Brad! Nice job for a first timer. I would have been worn out by step #7, so I congratulate you on your perserverence (though I suppose once you started, there was no option of turning back!).

I'm gonna order my Ascends, and see if they'll work for me, and also decide if I like the finish as is. If I like the speakers, but want to pursue a custom finish, hopefully Ascend will have that option a little more firmed up.

Dave sent me these pictures to post. He wants me to remind all of us that he is not a photographer.....

These are of the custom painted metallic silver CBM-170.

-curtis