Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speaker/SW suggestions

The stands alone are $140.

Did you order all your speakers at the same time? Online or on the phone?
    -curtis

Ordered everything online at the same time. I didn't realize they even sold "packages." I was looking for some info last night and happened to notice. I see what you are saying about the stands, missed the fine print there.
    Last edited by kidsmoke; 12-21-2005 at 09:27 AM.

I just looked on the purchase page....looks like package systems are listed.

Give Ascend a call....I'd bet they'll give you the package the pricing.
    -curtis

Thumbs up

Ascend is good people. More than willing to credit any difference in price. Speakers arrived today, I've got the next week off so I'm looking forward to spending some time with my new toys.

This is easily one of the better purchases I've made in my life. I came home from work this morning (work overnights), and decided to at least hook up the 340 mains and the sub and give them a quick listen before heading to bed. Almost 4 hours later and I still haven't made it to bed. Not bright or fatiguing at all. One album that I've found to be almost unbearable on crappy speakers is "Funeral" by Arcade Fire. Sounds great on the Ascends. I listen to Wilco alot. I think I have 4 Wilco cd's in my car changer out of the 6 it holds. I listened to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and it was easily the most enjoyable listening session I've had with that album. It's nice to be excited about music again, I haven't listened to music like this since I was in high school.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kidsmoke
    It's nice to be excited about music again, I haven't listened to music like this since I was in high school.

David

I'll second that. The entire YHF album sounds great on the Ascends. Especially the noise loops

My favorite Wilco song on the Ascends has to be "at least that's what you said." When the song finally kicks in it literally kicks you right in the chest.

Glad to hear there's another wilco fan out there enjoying their music on the ascends!

Quote Originally Posted by kidsmoke
    I listen to Wilco alot. I think I have 4 Wilco cd's in my car changer out of the 6 it holds. I listened to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and it was easily the most enjoyable listening session I've had with that album. It's nice to be excited about music again, I haven't listened to music like this since I was in high school.