Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best prices on music CD's?

I just joined LaLa. It is a new site to accomodate trading of CD's. The site is in it's beta debut so time will tell how it will work out. Bottom line...you list your CD's that you want to get rid of and also list the CD's that you are interested in recieving. LaLa notifies you when someone else wants your CD and you stick it in one of their media mailing envelopes and send it direct to the customer. Each completed transaction qualifies you to recieve a CD as they become available. Total cost of the trade is $1.49. LaLa will give you your money back if the CD is damaged. They also claim that they will give the artist 20% of the revenue. I am going to try it and see how it works out. As I said they are in their beta phase so supposedly new members are invites only. They do have an online application for folks that can't find an invite. I filled this out and it only took a couple days before they sent me an invite.

Randy

What's the URL of the App?

Thanks,
    David

Thanks Randy!

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman
    What's the URL of the App?
    I just went to http://lala.com/ and hit the "Interested in Joining" link, it has a section for "no luck with friends/invites" and I put in my email address.....it then said I should look for an invite in a few weeks. Hope it works.
    -curtis

OK, Randy. I wanna invite.

David

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman
    OK, Randy. I wanna invite.

David
    OK, I checked. Right now LaLa says I do not have any invites to offer. My account said to check again in a few days. I suppose they are trying to "soft start" the site so they don't have server problems or something. David, try doing what Curtis said. Mine only took a couple days. I'll watch my account and if they allow me to invite then I'll fire one your way if you haven't been accepted yet.

Randy

OK, I took the time to go thru my CD collection and listed the first 9 CD's that I would like to get rid of. Before I had them completely listed at the site I had requests for 3 of them already. LaLa claims to have a huge database of CD's recorded and that appears to be true. I was able to find everything on the site that I wanted to list. Kinda cool. The site shows the cover so you can easily verify the listing. It also has clip downloads for browsing potential wants. This might just work!

Randy

Just an update on lala. So far I've had a pleasant experience with the site. I've sent out 5 of my CD's and have recieved 4 CD's that I have requested. I had one that was supposed to have been shipped from a member that never showed up. They put it back on my "want' list and in a few days I had a new commitment to ship. So far I have 3 CD's listed in my "have" list that I want to unload and 1 CD on my "want" list that has not been filled. Overall a positive experience so far...and can't beat unloading a CD I don't want AND getting one I do want for a measly $1.49.

Randy

BTW if anyone wants an invite to join I do have 5 that I can extend. I need an e-mail address.

Wow....I am a member, but have not listed anything yet. Guess I should get to it!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    Wow....I am a member, but have not listed anything yet. Guess I should get to it!
    Give it a try Curtis. Just keep in mind that not everyone wants to snap up your "Christmas Caroling With The Chipmunks" boxed set.

Randy
    Last edited by Lou-the-dog; 04-29-2006 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou-the-dog
    Give it a try Curtis. Just keep in mind that not everyone wants to snap up your "Christmas Caroling With The Chipmunks" boxed set.

Randy
    Hey! How did you know?
    -curtis