Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bought a Sub

You should use some modeling software before you change the port and driver.
    -curtis

I've been investigating http://www.diysubwoofers.org/ and , when I have the time, use a spreadsheet program for the mods. I suppose I could start off with something easy like stuffing more polyfill into the box. When I get the SE's, I'll have a better idea if this sub will integrate into my system or will it just be a drag on quality.

Yeah...from what I understand, stuffing with polyfill will slow down air speed in the box, making it seem "bigger". That might help with port noise.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by rajacat
    When I get the SE's, I'll have a better idea if this sub will integrate into my system or will it just be a drag on quality.
    In my brief listening tests, I would put it in the same category as the Dayton 10. It's not up to the 340's by any stretch and I'll only be using it for movies. I'll continue to listen to music sans sub.

David

Oh well, I was expecting more. Like I mentioned in an earlier post that when I was ordering my 340's, I told James that I was buying the woot sub and he said that I'll get what I paid for. I will start saving for a musical sub but with the 340's there will be no rush. The small HSU might be good enough unless I get a case of biggeritus. Who knows, maybe Woot will refund.