Thread: bi-amp settings for 340s with Panny xr55?

Default bi-amp settings for 340s with Panny xr55?

Last night I decided to try bi-amping my 340s, did notice increased headroom and much deeper soundstage though the original dual-amp mode already sounded so good that it was not really an earthshaking difference.

However, the Panny has two settings for bi-amping that I'd like to get some feedback on:

1. High/Low frequency balance --- lets you decide how much power to feed the woofers vs. the tweeters, there are 5 increments towards each side of the spectrum. I played around, first had it balanced at 0, then tried +3 woofs, then left it at +1 woofs. Sending less power to the tweeters did seem to get a slightly "warmer" sound from the 340s.

2. High Frequency Phase correction --- the Panasonic manual (page 21) has a side view diagram of a speaker showing the physical depth of a tweeter vs. that of a woofer, and apparently you are supposed to enter in the difference between them in .03 foot increments up to a maximum 0.9 feet. I just took a wild guess and tried .3 feet (3.6"). Not sure if I could hear much difference at all with this setting.

Any other xr55/A340 owners out there also bi-amping? I'd be curious to hear your settings and how you decided on them.

And David F. if you are reading this, any input/advice from you would be very appreciated of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    Any other xr55/A340 owners out there also bi-amping? I'd be curious to hear your settings and how you decided on them.
    Maybe I'll try it. I can already get to ear bleed territory with lots to spare so I'm not sure what I could gain but it might be fun just as an experiment. I'll let ya know.

David