Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 340 xovers

Default 340 xovers

Just wondering if both bass drivers are crossed over to the tweeter or is it like a two and a halfway.

On other models of speakers one woofer goes from 20-450hz but not all the way up to the tweeters crossover.

I've always had the understanding that both drivers act in unison and play the same frequencies up to the x-over.

Randy

So, would that make it a Joe D'appolito xover ?

It is my understanding that being a 2-way MTM design does not necessarily make it a D'Appolito setup. I would rather call it a Fabrikant design.

Probably best to talk to Ascend directly on the phone about it.
    -curtis

It's not an issue that would stop my purachase.It was just a thought I had.Thanx for all the input.

They seem to get rave reviews from all over.I like to little increase in sensitivity since my amps only put out 105wpc. I would like the headroom.I listen at or below 85-90db and to have headroom from the speakers and amps would make it all sound better.

105wpc is plenty!

What gives you the notion that it may not be enough?
    -curtis

I don't know.I'm coming off a subwoofer project that has spanned about three years and the main problem with its design was a lack of power.Once that issue was addressed all seems fine. I'm still in the "need more power " mode and I guess it's time to shift gears.

Like I posted earlier I like the power to exeed reqirements so the sound has that effortless feel to it. That is what made the subwoofer project such a success. But has raised the bar on the rest of the system.

My subs can reach down to 10hz with the help of associated electronics and my listening level usually stays in the realm of 85-90db.But to deal with the peaks in regards to the subs power was a must.I guess that the mains will be a little different in terms of amplifier ability.

My first thoughts were the Polk Lsi9's.I can get a pair used for the same price as the 340's.But to get a pair of new 340 for 570.00 shipped.

OK...understood. Your amps will have no problems at all.

The 340SE mains are actually $594 shipped.
    -curtis

Curtis,
    first off thanx for all the input.What will the newer version hold.Is it drivers or xover stuff.

I'm glad that in your opinion I will have enough power.I love those amps and they have a great sound to them.

I will be reworking my budget over the next couple months so after the first of the year I'll have a better idea.

No problem.

I think it is both a driver and crossover change.
    -curtis