Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I beat DaveF down and got prototypes!

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    It is not even 9:30pm. If anyone is in the area and wants to have a listen..let me know. It is the least I can do...I'm not going anywhere and I will probably be up late listening to these babies.

I'm here in Santa Ana with my wife and kid today and instead of drinking with her relatives, I could have been over to listen to those babies if I have read this email 2 HOURS ago!

Nice. I'm itching to upgrade eventhough mines are not even a year old. I could move the front to the other room to replace my Digital Dogg and buy the SE to sit in place of the classic?! or should I just buy a pair of 340 SE for 2 channel music in a separate room and listen to them full range? The 340 SE is just what I need since I did consider a pair of Joseph Audio RM33si. Hmm, thinking about the money I save if I buy the 340 SE, I could use it for a nice 2 channel preamp/amp system.

Now all I need is an excuse...

I posted that yesterday.

Just got home from a day of turkey eating....and just eating in general about 90 minutes ago. Will be tough for me to host people the rest of the weekend.
    -curtis

I didn't read the date. We'll be leaving Santa Ana tomorow.

Eventhough we couldn't be there, thanks for the public offer. The spirit that counts especially in the holiday!

Quote Originally Posted by hhcan
    ....to replace my Digital Dogg....

Now all I need is an excuse...
    Replacing Digital Doggs is all the excuse you need.

Today will be my last day with the 170SE's.

Although not critical listening, I have been watching TV with the kids(some 5.1 HDTV material), and noticed no panning issues with my 340c.
    -curtis

Curtis--

Any final verdict on the SEs?

After listening do you think there would be any timbre matching problems between SEs and classics?

I really like the SE, and will upgrade...but I am not in a rush and have not heard the 340SE yet.

It is funny, I have been asked more than once by other hobbyists(not Ascend owners....and never actually heard the speakers either), "are they really using a Seas tweeter? They make one of sweetest sounding tweeters I have ever heard, and that was the off the shelf budget model."

Which kind of confirms what I heard with the SE's.

As for the timbre matching, as I posted earlier, I heard no panning issues in TV and movie watching. I can't give a definitive answer because I didn't specifically test for it, but I doubt there will be any timbre issues.
    -curtis