Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The CMT-340 and CMT-340c Signature Editions

Hey Peter,

Yes...of course I am reading.

I have now heard both SE models, and hopefully in the next couple of months I will hear a HO(I have heard a prototype).

You know I have done a lot of listening to different speakers and subs over the past few years, and some may think I am biased, but I truly believe that for the best overall sound quality, there is no better value than an Ascend/Hsu combo.
    -curtis

Hi Adam,

Quote Originally Posted by Ad-Rok
    I was debating building a set of towers myself from SEAS components using one of Jon Marsh's designs as a basis, but I literally cannot find a negative post about the 340's anywhere on about 4 different major forums, and the price/performance ratio of these new SE's with the SEAS tweets and upgraded woofers seems great to me, even when compared to DIY sets. I talked to Dave today and Dave, you are indeed courteous and helpful. Congratulations, you've sold another customer, I'll be ordering soon!
    I enjoyed speaking with you too... Honestly, it would be difficult to match or exceed the performance of our new SE models by building something yourself. Even after scouring CES, I could not find a loudspeaker using a 27mm SEAS tweeter for under a $1000. DIY kits are another option of course, but you must also factor in your time and if you are not pleased with the results you do not have the option of return.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Dave:
    If a person wanted to place L/C/R 340SE on their side (obviously the center already does this), would it be neccesary to rotate the tweeter 90 degrees on the Left and Right units? Beacause of height restrictions, I am thinking of placing my 340SE's all on their side and was curious. Thanks.

Chuck

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    Hi Adam,

I enjoyed speaking with you too... Honestly, it would be difficult to match or exceed the performance of our new SE models by building something yourself. Even after scouring CES, I could not find a loudspeaker using a 27mm SEAS tweeter for under a $1000. DIY kits are another option of course, but you must also factor in your time and if you are not pleased with the results you do not have the option of return.
    Quite true on all counts, and I have done quite a bit of research to this effect. Unless I built the SEAS Thor perfectly (which I've heard mixed reviews on anyway), I think you're the best bet anywhere near this price point. I have no retort to your worthy acoustical challenge, and therefore:

Order #2224 Date: 01/23/2006 02:55:03 EDT

Ship mine soon, please!

Best,
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    Hi Adam,

Dave, in the 340Se, do you guys use something similar to the 27TBFC/GTV (H1213) SEAS tweeter? Or is it a Sonotex variation?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy
    Dave, in the 340Se, do you guys use something similar to the 27TBFC/GTV (H1213) SEAS tweeter? Or is it a Sonotex variation?
    You can find more on the tweeter here- http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?t=1457

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    You can find more on the tweeter here- http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?t=1457
    That's a thread about the 170se apeaker, I was asking about the 340se, which has a different tweeter. Thanks though.

That's a thread about the 170se apeaker, I was asking about the 340se, which has a different tweeter. Thanks though.
    Have you read the begining of this thread? Looks like you want something more specific though.

The CMT-340SE uses a new high-performance 27mm chambered tweeter, also built by SEAS of Norway. This new tweeter offers all the same performance improvements as the new 170 tweeter and is perfectly timbre matched with the 170 SE tweeter. In fact, it uses the exact same 27mm dome as the new neo tweeter. The only real difference between the two is that this tweeter uses a larger faceplate and a much larger ferrite magnet (compared to the much smaller neodymium tweeter).
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    Have you read the begining of this thread? Looks like you want something more specific though.
    Thanks Curtis, so it seems to be a new proprietary design or at least someething that matches the new 170se tweet in sound charateristics.

The tweeter in the 340 SE is a Sonolex variation.... Just amazing performance
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com